Toronto The Bond | 138.68m | 42s | Lifetime | Core Architects COMPLETE

Funny, cause when i said night-life entertainment, clubs were far off my mind... im talking places like Alice Fazooli, Crocodile, Rock, Hooters, etc. that are all hot spots on many nights from 10pm-2am.

Well with the high end condos/hotels currently in the area and coming to the area the limited space surely will be for higher end bars/lounges for the night-life...
When ever I walk by Hooters or Alice Fazooli's they don't seem to be hotspots.... Croc Rock seems to be the closest to a hotspot (a hot spot for douchy/sleazy guys just looking to get some action.)
These places are not considered entertainment to me and will not be missed once/if gone.

Ohh, i see, clubs are out of the question and so are these places that attract douchy/sleazy people for a cold pitcher of beer and some wings/nachos...what are we creating here.:confused::confused:

Hopefully creating an area with a lively day life while maintaining a healthy night life... attracting a multitude of people not just douchy/sleazy people out picking up chicks.
To me, sounds like something good and very suitable for the area and the overall downtown core.

Entertainment district is losing a lot of its character. Say what you want, but Hooters in the summer is a nice place...so is Croc Rock. I don't frequent these places, but I understand their value to any entertainment area. It's not about what YOU are interested. I couldn't care less about a lot of the posh nightclubs/restaurants in the core but understand that they are needed. The last thing I want is a district comprised of a bunch of uppity bars and restaurants....oh and a Marshall's.

Not a fan of where things are going.

Most of these condos have retail - I don't understand what the big deal is about restaurants - there are many restaurants in the base of condos throughout the core and that'll continue.

Arguments about clubs are valid though.

Pic taken Sept 10, 2011

saG2f.jpg

Looks like they are asking for more density and 5 extra storeys.

288 A, 290 & 294 ADELAIDE ST. W
File Number: A0416/11TEY Zoning RA Site Specific By-law 210-2011
Owner: LIFETIME ADELAIDE STREET INC
Ward: Trinity-Spadina
Agent: ADAM BROWN
Property Address: 288 A, 290 & 294 ADELAIDE ST.W Community:
Legal Description: PLAN TOWN OF YORK PT LOT 12 N ADELAIDE ST RP 66R24107 PT PART 1

PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To alter the re-development plan approved under Site Specific By-law 210-2011 for the mixed use building
containing commercial levels from levels 1-6 with a commercial parking garage on levels 2-6 by increasing the
number of storeys from 36 to 41 and increasing the number of residential units in the building from 282 dwelling

units to 383 dwelling units.

what happened at this hearing? was it approved or not? the meeting was on sept. 14. if so then the header for this feed should be updated.

We have a pile of new renderings for The Bond, and news of a new release of floors this weekend. The story starts here on our home page.

Really looking forward to this one. Beautifully designed building. I take it from the thread title and the news story that the 4 floor increased was approved without a hitch?

And does anyone have a grasp on how sales are doing? Could we expect construction to start by summer?

Last I heard, the Alice Fazooli's is to close sometime in June. One can guess that demolition will follow - sometime in the summer.

Back