News   Jul 23, 2024
 534     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 609     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.8K     3 

TCHC: 501 Adelaide E / 288 King E (14s, aA)

I guess marketing to the gay community didn't work out as the Vivat Group had a sales site complete with renderings, floorplans, etc which I can no longer find (name: the bohemian)

Dug these up, I took these back in February.

I think the project will stretch north the same way Mozo and Kings Court does, thats the only way you can fit 200 units on the existing east-west lot size. Behind the building pretty sure is a parking lot from what I remember. Both the Mozo and Kings Court are around 200 units as well, and both stretch from King to Adelaide (Kings Court just about does with the exception of the town house).

Also, From the render, it looks like the building will go deep into the lot providing East and West Views.

ritchies2.jpg

ritchies3.jpg

ritchies1.jpg

East of the 288 Lot.
ritchies5.jpg

View from Front Street East, 288 King fronts onto a parking lot for the Toronto Sun Building.
ritchies4.jpg

Strange - Vivat Group already had a sales website running with renderings and floorplans however I can't seem to find it anymore

The building is L-shaped covering the entire parking lot in behind the King Street address

This is the same property as 501 Adelaide Street East that we discussed earlier right?

288 King Street East (aA)

It appears that Toronto Community Housing has bought the site from Context and they will be using it for a 184 unit building. aA remains the architect for the project.

www.torontohousing.ca/Ima...172007.pdf
Page 3.

So much for the gay condo with Teddy Bear picnic as the website theme song.

On a side note, both Diamond Schmitt and Core Architects will be working on Phase 1 of Regent Park.

AoD

Well, is that it for Context? They made a decent run at it but they do not seem to have any projects on the horizon.

I'm sure Context isn't going out of business...

But it looks also like they're still involved in 288 King East.
Maybe there are two buildings?

Context coordinating design and production drawings

Also, about the Teeple TCHC project: where is "60 Richmond"?

Citywriter, 60 Richmond is on the northeast corner of Richmond and Berti St, which is a tiny block-long street just west of Church.

I don't know what's there currently: wyliepoon hasn't sketched it up yet. (Bad wylie: his vacation from sketch-up has lasted long enough. Where is that boy?)

If it's the northeast corner, I believe there is a shelter there right now?

60 richmond - two storey 50s institutional type building

the partnership behind Context parted ways so it could be the end of it and, if it isn't, I wouldn't expected anything on a large scale again

The hot dog place beside the recently-relocated "Club Wicked??"

I don't know of this Club Wicked! But the hot doggery is just west of the faux french buildings.

Then that be it!
Is that hot dog place open to the public? It's certainly a busy spot!

Back