News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 805     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Taste of the Danforth has overgrown

I think if they're going to have local street festivals, at least give us something worth going to see or do. Nobody seems to put much thought into doing something different or a little off the wall. All these festivals are exactly alike and a little underwhelming for me. Say what you want about Montreal but I have seen some really great festivals, shows and events on their streets, including some really weird but good stuff. Montreal always had original stuff going on at their festivals and free, outdoor shows with big name acts. I saw James Brown, Amanda Marshal, Cirque de solier, Sinade O'Conner and a bunch of other well known acts, all for free. Here, we get the Toronto Greek quartet. SHEESH!!! The staging and production values also pale when compared to Montreal, especially for gay pride day. Montreal puts on amazing shows for Pride week. The ones in Toronto are a sad sight to behold. Montreal wins this contest, EASILLY!!!

Just speculating here, but does Montreal get more cash for its festivals from the province (& Feds?) than Toronto?

The festival of poor spelling appears to be thriving down on the Esplanade!
:lol :lol :lol

That was a cheapshot. Nonetheless it made me laugh.

I knew when I wrote that, the spelling was going to be sketchy, lol, but I was too tired to check spelling. I'm not one to worry about spelling, structure or any kind of rules in general. Thankfully, one does not have to take a spelling test or have an IQ over 100 to contribute to this forum. :lol I may be a lazy mf who can't spell and refuses to use a dictionary or spell check but I do think my ideas/comments are as valid as the next guys. Disreguard the spelling and make an argument about something substancial. Of course, if bad spelling really gets in your craw, you can always divert your eyes, when you see the words esplanade guy.

Not craw--craw!
episodes_craw.gif

Thankfully, one does not have to take a spelling test or have an IQ over 100 to contribute to this forum.

You make that obvious.

ap:

Someone might not have the IQ of Einstein, but at least they could be nice. Just a thought to keep in mind.

AoD

True, people could be nicer but on this forum, it seems to me some people's agendas are more about citicizing other people, then sharing information and discussing ideas. Hey, if it makes people feel a little bit better about themselves, at my expense, I'm all for it. Knock your selves out boys but it would be nice if the jokes were actually funny. lol

Buskerfest was pretty dreary when I passed through earlier today. Tons of stalls selling tacky junk, some hot food, thousands of people milling about looking bored, and a few not very interesting buskers. The usual ho-hum experience.

I went to Buskerfest last year, and had this "what the hell am I doing here?" moment, I mean evening, that kept me away from it this year. BB, your report should bolster my resolve to stay away next year too. Thanks!

I headed for the hills (well, more specifically the Haliburton Highlands) this weekend, given that Buskerfest and the CNE were on. Just like making my semi-regular Sudbury trip on Civic Holiday weekend.

Buskerfest could have been fun if it wasn't really the back-of-people's-heads-fest. The one show that I managed to actually see was pretty good.

Well, if Buskerfest had guys doing Mr. Lifto stunts, or Bangkok ladies shooting ping-pong balls, who knows...

adma, almost every time you make a reference I have to look it up to understand it, and I invariably regret doing so.

Back