News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

Starbucks is not a freak'n library!

Starbucks.....they are driving small cafes out of business eliminating the competition and selection.
Only the customer can drive the small cafes out of business. One of my favourite Indies is the Remarkable Bean in Queen East near the Fox Theatre. If you're ever there and you see a 1969 Triumph motorcycle outside that'd be me. Why do I choose this small shop over Starbucks on Queen in the Beach(s)? Because the staff are great, the fair trade coffee is superb, and they welcome bikers. There will always be space for indie coffee shops in Toronto. What Starbucks will put of out business are the snooty, look down your nose places where the coffee is okay.

Starbucks is famous for exploiting farm workers in the third world countries ...
Surely it's those who care so little about workers in third-world countries that are exploiting them by drinking coffee. If everyone simply chose not to drink coffee, then those third world workers would not be exploited any longer, and could simply sit at home all day, growing their own vegetables, and drinking their own grande venti lattes.

Quite frankly, I avoid Starbucks simply because of their silly size names. It's a frigging medium or large!

Starbucks in Las Vegas charges $4 for a med coffee! So go to another cafe right? You can't!!! Starbucks flooded the market and killed off their competitors. They can charge what ever they want and stbux addicts will pay it! Muahahaha!!

starbucks_escher-767149.jpg

The main problem with sbux is their coffee is appalling. The second problem is sbux now attracts a ton of trashy customers. It's become the new coffee crime imo.

sbux is a bore.

Yeah well just about every Target store in the states has a Starbucks cafe inside it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2005 I traveled with the PM and Team Canada to Beijing, Shanghai and Taiwan. At the bottom of my hotel in Beijing down the road from the Forbidden City was a Starbucks. I was so very happy to see that store, since there was NOWHERE else to get a good coffee.

In 2005 I traveled with the PM and Team Canada to Beijing, Shanghai and Taiwan. At the bottom of my hotel in Beijing down the road from the Forbidden City was a Starbucks. I was so very happy to see that store, since there was NOWHERE else to get a good coffee.
The same could be said of the UK at one point ... and yet I'm still not happy to see Starbucks around every corner in parts of London.

Back