News   May 17, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 682     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 6.4K     7 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Sorry what I meant to say is that Tarion won't reimburse upto $100 a day if the delay is due to a flood. So I don't think I will be getting reimbursement from Mar 4 to Mar 18th.

And yes, those two units are mine and my ex's on MLS. Looks like I am getting two offers on my unit today, so I may be able to assign it by the end of next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

We got the keys on Friday evening. The third floor is moving in next week.

So far we have showed the place to 3 future above floor owners who happened to come by when we were entering the building. People are really excited and anxiously awaiting their units.

Hey Mot, I would love to see your place since I own in the building too. Great pics....by the way.

Got my appliance shopping started and figured I'd post some info which may help others out:

-Laundry room in my suite (Royalton) has 2 outlets, as opposed to just one. Just an FYI since some w/d combos need 2 (one of which is 220-240 V), whereas some only need 1.

-Fridge space allegedly can hold a 22 cubic foot fridge. I say "allegedly" because I didn't get to measure this myself... move in date is in April. But I did ask Norstar and they responded that a 22 cubic footer should fit.

I'm a bit unsure about the over the range microwave. Did anyone who has already moved in / seen their unit order the "custom stove upper" cabinetry in the kitchen to accomodate an over-the-range microwave? What were the dimensions of the space? Did the Appliance Canada ones work out well for you?

Thanks in advance for any replies, and enjoy your new units all. Will post more info as I come across it (although by the time I move in most floors will already be settled in...)

I was supposed to take possession of my 7th floor Rio on March 4th but because of the flooding it is now March 18th. I checked with Tarion and they will only reimburse if the situation was caused by the builder, but the flood that occured has voided the warranty. My ex has the PH Tribeca and he was told that his move in is Apr 4th. Both of us are trying to assign our units anyways so we are not all that concerned about the delay until we actually sign the assignment.

Does anyone here that might have the Rio or Tribeca know how much their occupancy fee is monthly? I haven't been able to get an amount from the developer.

Great pics of the exterior and interiors to everyone who posted
I own a tribeca and I they calculate the occ fee as follows:
estimated common expenses + estimated realty taxes + estimated interest on balance due on closing at 7.35%

For those that own the tribeca...be advise, you will be missing the second shower head in the master bathroom and also the pantry in the corner.

I was suppose to get an OTR but they gave me a normal fan. They will have to replace it.

Have to say, the painting inside could be better.

if you can, contact the builder and see if they can run the additional pipes prior to tiling...for my unit, I can't see them going back in and removing the tiles and running the neccessary pipes as it would be too much work.

for the members already moved in....were any of you asked to sign the GST rebate to the builder? I was asked by my lawyer to sign the rebate and I refused...please advise, thanks.

Selling an Over the Range Microwave for $250

Hi, I will be moving into unit 406 at the Star of Downtown on Friday Feb 29th; I bought 2 Over the Range microwaves and would like to sell one of them. The one I am selling is a brand new Stainless Steel Kitchen-Aid Over the Range microwave model KHMS155LSS. If interested please email me at momardrame@yahoo.com. I am selling for $250 and here is a pic http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/9e/9f/79/20713730-177x150-0-0.jpg

I haven't talked to my lawyer yet about that. But I remember reading on the Purchase Agreement that the buyer would have to forfeit it. So I don't think you have much of an option.

rebate clarification

sorry for the confusion...i meet with the lawyer today and he clarified the rebate...
You only have to sign away the rebate if you will not be the primary tenant in the unit, meaning if you rent or sell the unit, you will have to sign the rebate to the builder.

Back