News   Jun 25, 2024
 866     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 813     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Occupancy date

I bought a unit at the star of Downtown on the 4th floor. I was supposed to move in on February 15th but now it seems like they have pushed it back another 2 weeks. Did anyone else have a similar experience? Since they changed the occupancy date within 90 days shouldn't they be responsible for all my expenses?

My attempt at Photobucket.

jerseytjs

The builder technically is responsible for your expenses if they delay at the last minute. We figure we have our sublet until March 1st, so if it goes beyond that we will request they pay for a hotel and another month on our storage.

Photobucket

Mot,

Check your Private Messages, I just sent some information on posting photos using Photobucket (for reference)

hiya all,

glad i stumbled onto this group, can't believe some ppl are moving in already! i bought in phase 2, does anyone know if they broke ground over there yet?

right on bleeker and wellesley, last time i was in the area ( october-ish) nothing was done and that area was still a parking lot.

I would think that may not start for a long while yet, its the car park/sales centre at the moment, I think they might want to sustantially finish the block before starting on the townhomes.

i thought as much, i knew my revised june 2008 close date was optimistic, the big question is how optimistic! i am not very good at this waiting business...

DSC00608.jpg

its looking pretty good, how did you find the standard of work ? Did you pick your appliances yet ?

I would say the standard of work is average. The unit was not done. Some moldings were off a bit. As a grade I would give it a B-.

We didn't go with many unit upgrades but we went high end on the appliances. The oven alone was more than the entire budget they gave us!

I was given a mid June move in date as well for Phase 2. They haven't broke ground yet. We're in one of the units facing Bleeker.

i am facing bleeker st as well! i guesstimate i will have a spectaular view of that funeral home or whatever it is across the steet. i note though that when i bought the sales staff was certain of spring 2008 or summer at the latest. but i guess there is not much hope of that.

We got the keys on Friday evening. The third floor is moving in next week.

So far we have showed the place to 3 future above floor owners who happened to come by when we were entering the building. People are really excited and anxiously awaiting their units.

Just stumbled on this site

I was supposed to take possession of my 7th floor Rio on March 4th but because of the flooding it is now March 18th. I checked with Tarion and they will only reimburse if the situation was caused by the builder, but the flood that occured has voided the warranty. My ex has the PH Tribeca and he was told that his move in is Apr 4th. Both of us are trying to assign our units anyways so we are not all that concerned about the delay until we actually sign the assignment.

Does anyone here that might have the Rio or Tribeca know how much their occupancy fee is monthly? I haven't been able to get an amount from the developer.

Great pics of the exterior and interiors to everyone who posted

Monkey,

welcome, am not sure how a warranty can be voided by a flood before owners have even taken possession, the building would still have to be signed off as 'warrantable' (if thats a word)....any damage would have to be made good by the builders.

Least we know whose units are on MLS now.....:)

Back