News   Oct 01, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 621     0 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 1K     2 

Star: Goodbye Gaytown

Mississauga is getting a gay bar this summer.

It's all over for the gays in the T-dot. All over.

i wonder, is it really urbanizing forces that are eroding the village, or is it a change in the demographic? maybe the average homosexual in 2006 isn't into the same scene as the average homosexual was in 1986

Madonna's inexplicably continuing popularity notwithstanding...

Every neighbourhood changes, it's not the end of the world... it's just cultural and demographic evolution. Nothing in a city is static.

The fact that the "gaybourhood" is being dispersed over a larger area is good news. If all of Toronto (and not just Church & Wellesley) is known as gay-friendly, how is that bad?

"maybe the average homosexual in 2006 isn't into the same scene as the average homosexual was in 1986."

This is the most intelligent post in this thread. Sound thinking.

Madonna's inexplicably continuing popularity notwithstanding...
Though even her sales ain't what they used to be. As always in the c21, media exposure and spin doesn't necessarily = real popularity...

madonna

Her new album comes up in my shuffle sometimes and I think it's pretty good.

Re: madonna

I like to run with it - part of the inexplicablity of her continued popularity is why I like her even thought she can't sing very well.

It's still pretty hush, hush, but I believe it'll be in the Cooksville area.

Curious minds want to know what the clientele would be - white picket fence homos in Lorne Park, perhaps?

AoD

Waterloo is much, much smaller and has gay bars. Mississauga has a university campus, which probably helps...

It will be a landmark day for Mississauga when it opens!

I believe Cooksville is the perfect location. In the true heart of Mississauga at the crossroads between highways and transit lines, old and new communities, suburban and urban.

Louroz

Back