News   May 03, 2024
 202     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 337     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 774     0 

St. Lawrence Market lower level redevelopment

You can sneak out on a weekday..................

And in my experience there haven't been any lines to get in on weekdays.

Also, what dishes do you like from those places?

Uno Mustachio for Italian chicken or veal parm sandwiches or pastas. A bit pricier on the sandwiches but good for a treat once a while. Yianni's has the traditional Greek platters, but also sandwiches and brunchy type stuff like omelettes. Yip's has the typical Chinese takeout fast food lunch.

Uno Mustachio for Italian chicken or veal parm sandwiches or pastas. A bit pricier on the sandwiches but good for a treat once a while. Yianni's has the traditional Greek platters, but also sandwiches and brunchy type stuff like omelettes. Yip's has the typical Chinese takeout fast food lunch.
Those veal sandwiches where to die for.

What places are your go-to down there?

I'm in the market semi-regularly...........have to buy my smoked rice; Kashmiri chili powder, Kozlik's Mustard (the flavours you can't find in the grocery store) and duck sausages!

It's not a place I think of to grab a meal though; of course, like everyone who isn't veggie, LOL, I've had the Peameal bacon sandwich.........but after that I'm less familiar w/the ready-to-eat meals there.

Where can one buy smoked rice??

Veal and eggplant is the best! Ask for a bit of extra sauce. One sandwich is actually big enough to give two people a light lunch. I go to the market almost every Friday and it is never very busy.
Was never an eggplant fan until I tried an eggplant parm sandwich at the Market... as good as the veal/chicken. That sandwich was my gateway drug to purple power.. love Baingan Bharta, Baba ganoush etc.

Where can one buy smoked rice??

@DSC is spot on, as usual.

It's called Iranian Smoked Rice.

It's a wonderful product, I highly recommend it!

Very aromatic.

(Do not store unsealed next to anything you don't want to smell like smoke!)

Though Iranian, I particularly fancy it w/Mexican Foods; served w/Chipotle Meatballs in a mint/chipotle/fire-roasted tomato sauce! Yum!

@DSC is spot on, as usual.

It's called Iranian Smoked Rice.

It's a wonderful product, I highly recommend it!

Very aromatic.

(Do not store unsealed next to anything you don't want to smell like smoke!)

Though Iranian, I particularly fancy it w/Mexican Foods; served w/Chipotle Meatballs in a mint/chipotle/fire-roasted tomato sauce! Yum!

Thanks for the recommendation - I must have this!

The work on the Lower level remains partially funded from 2023, we will see if that remains the case next year:

1642094710265.png

Back