News   May 17, 2024
 669     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 452     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 5K     6 

St. Lawrence Market lower level redevelopment

A quarter seems like a large over-estimate to me -- the actual dock is the white rectangular space at the bottom, right?:

The dock area is that entire area east of B36 and south of B20 and the mens bathroom. A pretty significant area.

To be clear, I'm not sure how much, if any, input the actual merchants have had on this project. The vendors at the meeting seemed to feel like there had been very little communication on what was happening. And it sounded like there was no guarantee that any current merchant would be retained.

Damn, this thread makes me miss grabbing lunch on the lower level of the market so much.

What places are your go-to down there?

I'm in the market semi-regularly...........have to buy my smoked rice; Kashmiri chili powder, Kozlik's Mustard (the flavours you can't find in the grocery store) and duck sausages!

It's not a place I think of to grab a meal though; of course, like everyone who isn't veggie, LOL, I've had the Peameal bacon sandwich.........but after that I'm less familiar w/the ready-to-eat meals there.

Lots (most) of the food vendors are open and have been for weeks/months.

In my excursions there, I have to say it's been eerily ghost-town'ish.

Not empty mind you; but so much quieter than pre-pandemic.

Has the Jam vendor reopened? They were consistently closed the last couple of times I was down.

In my excursions there, I have to say it's been eerily ghost-town'ish.

Not empty mind you; but so much quieter than pre-pandemic.

Has the Jam vendor reopened? They were consistently closed the last couple of times I was down.
Yes, it's certainly quiet but, apart from vendors temporarily closed for 'sanitation' following a covid-exposure, most food vendors are open. ,The non-food places are closed and the 'honey man" is there at weekends only I think

What places are your go-to down there?

I'm in the market semi-regularly...........have to buy my smoked rice; Kashmiri chili powder, Kozlik's Mustard (the flavours you can't find in the grocery store) and duck sausages!

Its not a place I think of to grab a meal though; of course, like everyone who isn't veggie, LOL, I've had the Peameal bacon sandwich.........but after that I'm less familiar w/the ready-to-eat meals there.

In the lower level, there's Mustachio, Yianni's, Yip's Kitchen, and couple good bakery places.

For me with the ongoing WFH scenario, I'm never downtown in the area during regular weekdays anymore to get lunch. So it's been over a year since I've visited. I have walked by a few times in the summer/autumn on weekends, but wasn't in a position to wait in line for entrance into the market.

In the lower level, there's Mustachio, Yianni's, Yip's Kitchen, and couple good bakery places.

For me with the ongoing WFH scenario, I'm never downtown in the area during regular weekdays anymore to get lunch. So it's been over a year since I've visited. I have walked by a few times in the summer/autumn on weekends, but wasn't in a position to wait in line for entrance into the market.

You can sneak out on a weekday..................

And in my experience there haven't been any lines to get in on weekdays.

Also, what dishes do you like from those places?

Back