St. Lawrence Condos at 158 Front St East (Cityzen, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Do they have a new sales centre? Or is it still on Esplanade (west of Church)? I really like that spot - it's very low key but very close to key areas like:
  • St. Lawrence Market
  • Distillery
  • Variety of groceries
  • Eaton Center is not too far off
But my concern would definitely be timing. When I was looking, they didn't have the larger sized units available, and now their timing seems quite ambitious.

Do they have a new sales centre? Or is it still on Esplanade (west of Church)? I really like that spot - it's very low key but very close to key areas like:
  • St. Lawrence Market
  • Distillery
  • Variety of groceries
  • Eaton Center is not too far off
But my concern would definitely be timing. When I was looking, they didn't have the larger sized units available, and now their timing seems quite ambitious.
If you read back a page or two you would know that they have one set up on north side of Front Street just west of 158 but it is still not open. If there is anyone who seriously thinks it could open in 2019, I have lovely Tower for sale!

Ack, my question should've been stated as: "Do they have a new sales centre that's opened?" And it should've been, "I really like the 158 Front spot", in case "spot" was confused with the Esplanade sales centre that I mentioned in the sentence before.

That's what I get for rushing a reply while at work. :(

I don't understand (being a real estate noob)...I went to a "VIP" launch last fall, why is there another launch? Are all units again up for sale? Or are units bought last fall simply not available? I'm guessing that last fall's launch didn't actually sell a lot of units, thus another launch with the new branding?

I don't understand (being a real estate noob)...I went to a "VIP" launch last fall, why is there another launch? Are all units again up for sale? Or are units bought last fall simply not available? I'm guessing that last fall's launch didn't actually sell a lot of units, thus another launch with the new branding?

Yes, I think it's safe to say sales have not gone well and it has been rebranded and renamed several times. Presumably, at some point, they will either sell enough Units to go ahead (finally!) or start again or give up, sell the site to another developer and move on. It's a pity it has all dragged on since about 2010-2011 as it IS a good site and if the Unit sizes and amenities were better suited to the neighbourhood it could be a real asset.

you will never get a straight answer from an agent, the re-launch could be for any number of reasons. Have you seen the Tridel development on Queens Quay? You could look into an assignment sale as they are closer to occupation than any other development in the neighbourhood - apart from the PanAm site.

I bought a unit here and supposedly there are about 420 units sold of the 492 available. Now the waiting game begins with nobody stating they see a 2019 being at all realistic.

I bought a unit here and supposedly there are about 420 units sold of the 492 available. Now the waiting game begins with nobody stating they see a 2019 being at all realistic.

It all depends on when they start construction. It's a mighty large footprint so can see it taking longer than the typical project.

It all depends on when they start construction. It's a mighty large footprint so can see it taking longer than the typical project.
2019 sounds VERY optimistic to me - they have not yet got a site plan approval (it's still at OMB for agreement on final detail) and they have not applied for an excavation permit. They have to excavate 4 levels of parking and the areas north of Front normally have to excavate into rock and the developer has a (well-deserved) reputation for slowness. Late 2020 sounds far more plausible.

2019 sounds VERY optimistic to me - they have not yet got a site plan approval (it's still at OMB for agreement on final detail) and they have not applied for an excavation permit. They have to excavate 4 levels of parking and the areas north of Front normally have to excavate into rock and the developer has a (well-deserved) reputation for slowness. Late 2020 sounds far more plausible.

Forgot about the developer. Fernbrook? I could see this thing going beyond 2020

I confirmed yesterday that they have sold 75%. Construction is supposed to start spring 2017 so 2020 sounds wildly optimistic.

With the reviews still ongoing, the project size and the history of the builder I'm putting my money on mid 2021 or a four year build.

This works out really well for me since I have purchased a retirement downsizing unit and am really looking forward to moving back downtown from the burbs after 25 years.

Back