St. Lawrence Condos at 158 Front St East (Cityzen, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Well when I first visited the office (well before the VIP event), they had no information on the 23rd+ floor units which I was interested in. But they impressed upon me that everything will be released and available during the registered VIP. So I signed up, waited patiently, even went to the event early, only to find most of the top units were already on hold by the buyer's friends and family. I'm just frustrated by the experience and waste of time, but knowing now that this is quite common, I just have to shrug and move on.

You have to get in super early, like you need to know an agent who works directly for the builder so you get 1st dibs after friends and family but before everyone else. You're not going to get in ahead of friends and family. If the sales office is already built, you're way too late.

Just read the front page update looking at suite layouts.

That's a lot of units with very minimal kitchen counter space and no island for a building proximate to the Market. I know it's based on demographic trends/focus groups and it's the same thing we're seeing in most other condos, but still -- this is a prime cook-at-home zone! This can only lead to boring dinner parties with sad President's Choice frozen hors d'oeuvres... I guess the best supper clubs will remain in palatial Regent Park kitchens for now.

Last edited:
I understand that they are going to be opening a sales centre on Front Street just west of Frederick (north side). This development has taken a very long time to 'get going' and I really hope (but do not expect) that they are using this time to rethink their plans and have larger units. As Grey says, the St Lawrence area is prime cook @ home zone and very family friendly too.

Isn't it too late to have larger units? Sales opened in the fall of last year IIRC. I'm still a tad miffed that I wasted my time at the VIP event. :p

I understand that they are going to be opening a sales centre on Front Street just west of Frederick (north side). This development has taken a very long time to 'get going' and I really hope (but do not expect) that they are using this time to rethink their plans and have larger units. As Grey says, the St Lawrence area is prime cook @ home zone and very family friendly too.
They were working, very slowly, on this sales centre a few weeks ago but progress is amazingly slow. Are they having yet another rethink and name change? Of course it's Citizen who are still working on the L-Tower

Hello guys I am new to the forum. Bought 2 bedroom unit in 158 Front St and just want to know what another buyers or professionals think about the location and how profitable this condo will be. Any thoughts?

It is a great neighourhood and all condos that I know of hold or increase their value, very desirable. A lot depends on how long you have to wait before the place is actually built - my guess is a long time.

It is a great neighourhood and all condos that I know of hold or increase their value, very desirable. A lot depends on how long you have to wait before the place is actually built - my guess is a long time.
They have now launched marketing campaigns twice (or 3 times); the temporary parking lot is a slum and it appears nothing is happening. It IS a great neighbourhood and there is clearly a demand for larger units in St Lawrence. This project started off being mostly small units but I heard they are trying to increase the number of larger ones and move a bit 'up market'. If they actually build a 'high end' condo building with larger units suitable for empty nesters and families it will do very well; if they build a building with lots of small units suitable for short-term rentals to students (as they were first saying) it will not. Remember that the same developers are involved in the still unfinished L-Tower and Backstage. Caveat emptor, and all that!

Hello guys I am new to the forum. Bought 2 bedroom unit in 158 Front St and just want to know what another buyers or professionals think about the location and how profitable this condo will be. Any thoughts?
The official date is November 2019. Do you think it will take longer for them to build?

I do think it will take a long time to build. Like the previous post suggests, you need to look at the builder's history. I think 3 years is very optimistic, maybe for a small building but not for the height they are talking about.

No need to worry about the location. It is excellent and will only get better. Do not worry about that. What I would worry about though is Fernbrook and their track record. 2019 is VERY optimistic.

A lot of the floorplans for 2 bedrooms are tiny though. Yikes

Hello guys. I am new to this forum. Just wanted to ask another buyers of 158 Front street condos or real estate professionals how good is the area where this condo will be build? Thanks.

Hello guys. I am new to this forum. Just wanted to ask another buyers of 158 Front street condos or real estate professionals how good is the area where this condo will be build? Thanks.
If you ask another buyer or a real estate agent about how good a neighbourhood is it is a given that if they own in that neighbourhood or are selling there they will say it's "great/improving/magnificent' neighbourhood. If you actually want to know about a neighbourhood you really need to go there or read the neighbourhood forum on it. (SEE: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/st-lawrence.8111/ )

In fact, St Lawrence IS a great neighbourhood which may (or may not) be made even better by 158 Front - St Lawrence and King East are not like King West and I worry that the plans (which may be changing) for Units at 158 are more suited to the latter.

With the new Y in the area and all sorts of shopping and dining opportunities it is a great area to live in, and relatively safe. There have been a few incidents over the years but people still move around at all hours, lots of 24hour places. Great transit links as well, it is a safe investment but a better idea is to live here!

Back