Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

I don't mean to keep the discussion away from 18 York, but the one place I think would have been a great place for an outdoor cafe or restaurant with patio seating is right beside the SkyDome (west side) where the Optima building is. Instead of something that is inviting and incorporate the square that is there, there is a bricked wall protecting the condo's amenity areas from the general public. Even the typical Concord-esque retail spaces would have been a huge improvement.

Wow, it took me a minute to realize that rendering was actually Toronto, looking north up York. With that skybridge in place the railway embankment is really going to disappear through this area.

It will change the sense of the railway embankment, yes! Not that anyone entering the core from the south will be able to avoid the tunnels, but 18 York will shield the embankment itself from those coming north on York of course. From Yonge east it will always be there, while it may disappear someday at Bay when something replaces the parking lot east of the ACC. West of York we have yet to see what might block its view on the Fairmont lands, and west of the convention centre, will we get that rumoured aquarium at the foot of the CN Tower? Depending on its form, it could change our whole perspective of that area.

Just musing...

Sept 15

IMG_sept-15-09-0213.jpg

IMG_sept-15-09-0214.jpg

IMG_sept-15-09-0216.jpg

IMG_sept-15-09-0217.jpg

IMG_sept-15-09-0218.jpg

IMG_sept-15-09-0219.jpg

IMG_sept-15-09-0220.jpg

IMG_sept-15-09-0221.jpg

September 23

Here is what the site looks like from the roof across the street.

Attachments

• DSCI0093.jpg
    DSCI0093.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 277
Uhhh - Fairmont - and nope. You can rest assured that as soon as there is news of a project on Fairmont's land a new thread will be created to talk about it!

Parcel currently zoned Hotel approx 37 stories ..
I expect Fairmont to try to get some residential and very
high end retail. This would be a welcome addition to the area

Hotel market looks bleak in Toronto.

Well I mean a bleak market for even more luxury hotels...

I think you will see another luxury Condo here.

Hotel+luxury condo.. Next to MTCC means guaranteed room turnover.
If Ritz, Trump, Shangri-la etc are doing it they must know something

Yeah, I forgot about MTCC.. (silly me)

Yeah a hotel would do well but I would expect a major residential component to this project.

I would like to see 37 floors for hotel plus an equal number of floors for high-end condo. Not holding my breath, though.

I do wonder, though, what the height restrictions are for this plot of land, and how solid those restrictions are. I understand that this area is one where the City wants to encourage going tall, as can be seen with Ice, MLS, Success Tower and possibly 45 Bay, and even the City itself suggesting 50+ stories for the tiny 120 Harbour plot.

Back