Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

No, never.

20070522_cafedip.jpg

(Meanwhile, there is outdoor seating just to the southwest of 18 York for the Sports Bar in Infinity.)

I think the best place in this area for a cafe with patio would be in front of the new Union entrance. It would most likely be busy throughout the day due to office workers at Telus, and then at night by residents of MLS and people going to the ACC.

Also outdoor seating for the cafe that is just west of the sports bar (Hoops). Sally's I think it is called. I popped in on Friday to check it out and the barrista told me that the place had been crazy busy with a confrence going on at the nearby Convention Centre.

Tried a Latte which was good mind you the milk was a little cool.

How tall will be this building (I mean in feet)

a 26story condo is like 300 feet at most but a 26s office building is a bit higher I think.

Toronto doesn't ever think of outdoor cafes.

Really? How many cities in North America have more outdoor cafes lining it's sidewalks than Toronto? I can't think of many. Practically every major street in downtown Toronto has outdoor cafes right on the sidewalk. Are you sure you're not getting Toronto mixed up with Toledo?

How tall will be this building (I mean in feet)

a 26story condo is like 300 feet at most but a 26s office building is a bit higher I think.

This should give you some idea of it:

18york_2.jpg

130m-ish to top of arch. element. I think it was 114m or something like that for the roof.

Really? How many cities in North America have more outdoor cafes lining it's sidewalks than Toronto? I can't think of many. Practically every major street in downtown Toronto has outdoor cafes right on the sidewalk. Are you sure you're not getting Toronto mixed up with Toledo?

exactly...look at a place like calgary. toronto doesn't have the most patios but we find they go along nicely with a cold beer in the summer...plus the rooftop patios you just haven't thought of...

Don't mention Spanish cities. They take patio sitting to another level (it's their word after all too!)

Wow, it took me a minute to realize that rendering was actually Toronto, looking north up York. With that skybridge in place the railway embankment is really going to disappear through this area.

We have so many great sidewalk cafes in Toronto, which is made even more impressive when you realize that with our winters, many establishments couldn've just given up by now.

Back