South Beach Condos & Lofts (Amexon Development Group) - Real Estate -

I really do like the sb units, but people are saying the south will be blocked, I have a feeling people will loose out on partial east view also.

look at this picture.

a.= south beach
b= nautilus aprox 45-50 stories? & waterscapes aprox 29-30 stories? [correct me if I am wrong]

3146r6s.jpg

they are both pointing towards cn tower, so with 2 big buildings like this going up I have a feeling this will also block the view. They say the land is elevated at southbeach, but how elevated compared to units that are going to get built on marine parade drive, remember all those peices of land that are west of nautilus & waterscapes are also getting developed.

I understand they are cheaper in price, but still the unit I was looking at was like 500k with a east/south/west view [direct west would be looking into phase1]

and whats weird is southbeach advertises this great view of the city line, but in the showroom they dont have cn tower on their scale map.

I did a similar analysis based on a satellite picture from google maps because I wanted to see what the approximate view from the BILTMORE units will be.

The space in between the green lines represent the max field of view.
The space in between the red lines is the part of the view that I think will be PARTIALLY blocked by the Marine Parade buildings (including the waterscapes building).

Attachments

• SB View2.jpg
    SB View2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 277
thanks, help me out, do me a map from the 2nd tower. The unit I was looking at was the Lido. south/east/west view. corner unit with wrap around balcony.

I want to see your opinon on what view would get blocked. The units a corner unit on a 20th+ floor.

I know some of my west view will be blocked by tower phase 1.

also do you have phase1 or 2

i guess south/east would be the best view for water+city without viewing qew+train tracks.

Last edited:
thanks, help me out, do me a map from the 2nd tower. The unit I was looking at was the Lido. south/east/west view. corner unit with wrap around balcony.

I want to see your opinon on what view would get blocked. The units a corner unit on a 20th+ floor.

I know some of my west view will be blocked by tower phase 1.

also do you have phase1 or 2

i guess south/east would be the best view for water+city without viewing qew+train tracks.

The Lido view estimation will take a bit more time to do than for the Biltmore since a lot more of the view will be blocked by buildings which are closer to SoBe than the Marine Parade buildings.

I am in Phase 2.

The Lido view estimation will take a bit more time to do than for the Biltmore since a lot more of the view will be blocked by buildings which are closer to SoBe than the Marine Parade buildings.

I am in Phase 2.

ya no worries. i pretty much know exactly what will block the view of the lido. I am thinking south/east would be the best choice for me.

ya no worries. i pretty much know exactly what will block the view of the lido. I am thinking south/east would be the best choice for me.

Did you ask if they had any Lido units available in Phase 1 still? I know they say they're sold out, but sometimes a unit will come up even when they say that they are sold out. Since you are concerned about the view, the Lido in the first building will have an unobstructed western view so you would be looking towards Mississauga/Oakville. There is the Mimico Creek and marshland right to the west of South beach tower one, so you would have a clear vew of the lake pretty much from Beyond the Sea towers all the way to where the Humber Bay Park is. You will also have a clear view to the south until the Onni buildings get built, but who knows when that will be as they haven't even announced their project yet.

I hope the views won't be blocked from where I am. I bought the Delano on 12th Phase 2. I also sold for my clients the Delano on 10 and 11th and 3 other south facing units. I would say that the finishes in this building are top notch compared to most other condos I've been in.

So at least I can enjoy the inside haha.

If you bought the collins unit, you wouldn't have had a lake view anyways. Your suite is located facing North and West.

@MadMax - That's correct. There is no lake view from my suite BUT the balcony is on a N/W/S exposure which means there is a decent lake view from the longer end of my huge balcony. Good enough for me. :D

Well, that's until the dreaded ONNI builds south of us....*shudders*

I hope the views won't be blocked from where I am. I bought the Delano on 12th Phase 2. I also sold for my clients the Delano on 10 and 11th and 3 other south facing units. I would say that the finishes in this building are top notch compared to most other condos I've been in.

I have to agree....I've been to a lot of presentation centers, and I've never seen such highend finishes offered as standard, that's one of the reasons that I bought too.

you will get blocked south view [water] faster than you think. I know somebody who works at snc LAVALIN and they got a letter saying they are moving locations in aprox 12 months, and they got this letter a while ago.

Also the land DIRECTLY south of southbeach property [printing press] and the little fenced in square is also been sold and going to be developed. the printing company is out in about a year.

plus the 3 towers of beyond the sea, plus nautilus + waterscape + the property on lakeshore where all the motels are shutting down. soon as that big wave building goes up it will also block you...

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=7787

Dannyo, did you buy the unit to live in, rent out, or sell? Just curious, I haven't heard too many investors getting in on South Beach, but I'm guessing we could rent our corner units out for probably 2.5 - 3 g's if we choose to? What do you think?

Last edited:
Dannyo, did you buy the unit to live in, rent out, or sell? Just curious, I haven't heard too many investors getting in on South Beach, but I'm guessing we could rent our corner units out for probably 2.5 - 3 g's if we choose to? What do you think?

furnish it with some cheap modern looking furniture and you can get good $

Most of my clients and I myself are still contemplating. We might sell it, we might live in it, might rent it out. The thing for me is, the layouts, design, finishes are top notch and I've yet to be in a building that impressed me as much as this one, being a Realtor, I've been in a lot haha.

So I guess, I'll wait another couple years and decide then. I might assign it if anything.

If you look at demographics, this area attracts a lot of older folks who might be emptinesters. They want to be near the lake, near the city but still have it relatively quiet, they also would want larger units seeing as they might sell their houses to live here. I think it might attract a lot of boomers nearing retirement. That's my logic.

Basically I love this development and so does all my clients. I had a lot of fun selling here and the staff were a great help, even in negotiations.

I think most of the people will be mid/late 20's no kids, when I asked a rep they told me this. I asked how many families are in the buildings they told me hardly any.

who knows what the truth is tho.. sales reps are like lawyers,you can never trust what they say 100% ;)

I think most of the people will be mid/late 20's no kids, when I asked a rep they told me this. I asked how many families are in the buildings they told me hardly any.

who knows what the truth is tho.. sales reps are like lawyers,you can never trust what they say 100% ;)

I think a lot are but when I was there (A LOT) it was mostly older folks signing. It's probably a mix. Younger guys in the 1bedrms and 1+dens. Older folks in the 2bdrm +

Back