Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

October 11 2008 update

no Solaris rising on the horizon yet ~ sigh :rolleyes:

sales person tells me they are pretty confident construction will start in November 2008 (after saying March, June, August, and October previously, I can only hope ~)

In the mean time, I can only look at the scaled model more ...

Last edited:
City's planner tells me the Draft Plan of Subdivision which establishes the individual blocks (for condo towers, townhouses, office, park, streets etc) was registered in late-September 2008.

with the subdivision in place, the excavation + shoring permits should hopefully be issued soon and this place shall start digging ... I'll be happen then :)

Pre-Solaris Renderings

Images from Graziani+Corazza's website of Canderel Stoneridge's origial proposal on the current Solaris @ Metrogate site ~ :)

while these towers looked half decent, I prefer the new Tridel design (hehe totally biased comment) ... the former renderings sorta reminds me of the Equinox towers @ STC

highrise18main.jpg

highrise1801.jpg

Solaris at Metrogate Construction Start

A notice has been sent out to all purchasers that construction has started at Solaris at Metrogate. Letters and emails have been sent to purchasers' address of service.

Thats great news TWM (for me at least hehe :D) ... well at least I will hopefully be able to post some progressive photos shown here on UT in the near future ~

MODs ... can this thread be updated to:

Solaris + Ventus @ Metrogate (Tridel, 2x 40 + 2x 30s, G+C) :)

Driving by the other day and noticed there has been some activity.

Congrats Solaris, you must really be happy that 'Solaris' is starting. :)

driving by on the weekend ... shoring RE bars are in the ground, hopefully digging progress soon, then snapping a photo or two will be actually worthwhile :cool:

Solaris Building Height

Solaris requested the height of the Solaris towers. From the ground level floor to the parapet the height is 121 m or 397 ft..

yup you're hearing the echo alright ... haha cuz this thingy is in Scarborough :p, hence little interest

Early Construction Photos at Solaris at Metrogate

These were taken recently at the Solaris/Metrogate website on what was a very cold day:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

From the ground level floor to the parapet the height is 121 m or 397 ft..

Interesting. What about the height to the actual top of the buildings? (top of the mechanical penthouse?) ;)

thanks for the update TWM :D

maestro you were reading my mind ... I had the exact same question !

Metrogate-eastedge.jpg

Last edited:
Height of Solaris

Height of Solaris is 127m - 417ft. That is the topmost part of the building from the ground floor (I just checked with the project manager - for some reason they have to calculate height from their drawings - for them a building starts from the footing). The Solaris towers, although the same number of floors as Verve, has smaller ceiling heights on average.

When calculating the height of the building, storeys is inaccurate way to do it as some floors can have suite heights of 8, 9 and 10 ft all within the same building. Penthouse suites can have even higher ceilings. On towers the bottom floors may be podiums with even higher ceilings (Verve).

Hope that answers the question as to height.

Thanks for info

Most around these parts understand the inaccuracies of counting storeys to determine height. However,with respects to Verve , if I recall correctly, is about 120m tall to the tip which would put it in line with Solaris.

Back