Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

Anyone else notice the vastly improved crowning element which eliminates the silly 22 Wellesely-esque hood at the top. Thank you!

Without transit connections Metrogate will be in an all-the-more miserable location (it has to be said...)

Anyone else notice the vastly improved crowning element which eliminates the silly 22 Wellesely-esque hood at the top. Thank you!

I think you're confusing Ventus' renderings with Solaris' model...

you are quite correct scarberiankhatru ... however in honestly most purchaser's transportation expectation for this site is driving (its right next to 401 interchange =D), those looking for public transit has otherwise selected projects instead on Sheppard (with higher capacity transit service ) or around STC (with SRT)

if it makes it sound any better, individual projects have names like Solaris, Ventus etc .... I think Tridel was going for "Metrogate ... gateway to new beginnings" (greener bettter scarborough??)

I did say more miserable...without transit connections, the only people buying at Metrogate will be investors and people priced out of houses who want 401 access. I almost pity the few people who will buy into the 'gateway to new beginnings' marketing.

Traditionally most developments in Scarborough have not been investor oriented projects simply because it lacks potential for appreciation value as it is not easily accessible by subway (whereas North York or downtown prices tend to rise substantially)

In that regards I disagree (and know) that in fact investors represent a 'very' small portion of the purchasers @ Metrogate .... and yes it is probably be true that many people (including myself) bought into this project because of proxmity to 401 and price (which is also the same reason the general increase in condo sales throughout GTA, the AFFORDABILITY factor)

I doubt Tridel's marketing schemes would have any influence on people's purchase decisions

^ Given the large Chinese population in Scarborough, and the fact that a lot of Chinese do view real estate as more of an investment, I'd expect Scarborough projects to have some orientation towards investors.

That said, I haven't really seen much in the Chinese media about Metrogate, compared to more aggressive marketing campaigns from the likes of Concord Adex, and more recently, Bazis.

Despite its lack of public transit options, the redevelopment of this site overall is great for Scarborough. It (hopefully) will revitalize a part of town in a period of flux, and feed off of the existing commercial uses around the area. Plus, if the proposal for office tower does eventually come to fruition (which I sort of doubt as its almost like a proposal ploy to the City promising uses that will be left out upon final approval of the plan), then you have a happenin small core outside of STC.

I didn't do any surveys, but I have an impression that buyers on these developments are mostly first time buyers, young families and even empty nesters, not investers.

Yes, I know lots of buyers will be people priced out of houses looking for 401 access...I said so.

Agincourt is already a small core outside of STC. And if the area is already in flux, why does it need to be revitalized? :)

^ Given the large Chinese population in Scarborough, and the fact that a lot of Chinese do view real estate as more of an investment, I'd expect Scarborough projects to have some orientation towards investors.

That said, I haven't really seen much in the Chinese media about Metrogate, compared to more aggressive marketing campaigns from the likes of Concord Adex, and more recently, Bazis.

From what I hear, a lot of units were sold to Vancouverites for some reason (investors or those looking to move? I hear a mix of the two). At least that is what my agent said. Their office sold them pretty much all to people in Vancouver and it was hell just trying to get a unit for myself. Also from what i understood as well, most of the agents that had pre-sale units were almost all Chinese/Asian decent.

The marketing for it was definitely to Chinese though (I did see some ads on TV and the newspapers last year).

I am bummed that there will no longer be a subway though (although that affects all of Shepperd) as that was one of the main reasons I bought one (as well as the proximity to the 401).

At least I know that there will be a bunch of younger people living there, I'm sick of hanging around old folks all the time.

And yes, I'm back after a nice long cooling period.

Back