News   Jul 15, 2024
 428     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 542     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

Simcoe St. Underpass & Extension

Was about to say the same thing. Guess the Airport Express Bus won't be using this route.

Still haven't finish digging the earth out and it will be 4.5m high. Even tractor trailer trucks will be able to use it. GO new double deck buses will be able to use it.

This thread should be renamed

"Lower Simcoe"

or

"Simcoe-Lower Simcoe Connection"

Where else in downtown can another link be made? Trinity street in the Distillery District could be tunneled under the tracks to connect to the East Bayfront. Is there anywhere else we can add more north/south connections under the tracks? My wish is that they made them more attractive and MUCH brighter.

Trinity Street is part of an all-pedestrian neighbourhood, and I think aA's proposed ribbon building at the south end of the site may extend as far west as Trinity, so I doubt if that would work.

The East Bayfront/Portlands plan included a connection from Trinity street to the south, but perhaps that will be precluded by the ribbon building.

I wonder if there are plans to convert any of Simcoe St to two-way after the opening of the underpass. It's a wide street, 4 lanes wide up to Wellington and 3 north of there.

I can't wait until the waterfront east of Yonge starts getting more developed and plans start being made for a Church-Cooper connection. Punch a hole through the hideous parking structure, under the tracks, and deal with Lakeshore and the Gardiner ramps... nice.

God bless you !

Is there a need for a tunnel under the tracks at Trinity when nearbye Parliament Street already so closely abuts the Distillery District?

It's quite clearly stated, well, somewhere or other, that the "ribbon building" will make provision for a pedestrian access under the tracks to be added in the future.

At the moment all you'd hit would be six lanes of Lake Shore Boulevard with the Gardiner overhead and a thin sliver of fenced-off post-industrial waterfront to the south of it. They'd have to solve those problems first.

Back