Sheridan College (MCC, 4s, Rounthwaite Dick & Hadley Architects) COMPLETE

That seemingly random densely wooded lot was strangely soothing amid all the parking lots and condo towers, like a tiny oasis quietly reminding us of what the entire area was, not all that long ago. I'll miss it.

Renderings of Sheridan's Mississauga campus that I don't believe have been posted yet:

miss_campus_3.ashx

miss_campus_4.ashx

miss_campus_5.ashx

Source: http://www.sheridaninstitute.ca/About%20Sheridan/Mississauga%20Campus.aspx

Last edited:
Alsop must be happy he's being knocked off by other firms.:) There's that Allied office building on Peter St, now this building.

I like it. I'm just not certain this is the right location for it. I think Port Credit/Lakeshore's urban environment would be better suited to handling more students and such uses.

So first Absolute was too pretty for MCC, and now Sheridan is too pretty for MCC too. Next thing you know, y'all are gonna start demanding that Mississauga City Hall is too good for MCC.

No. This isn't about beauty. It's about urbanism. Port Credit is really Mississauga's urban core. MCC is rubbish in comparison. Tall buildings separated by 10 lanes of traffic isn't what I think of as urban. Even Absolute's two attractive towers would've worked better as beacons to the Credit River/Lake Ontario area.

No. This isn't about beauty. It's about urbanism. Port Credit is really Mississauga's urban core. MCC is rubbish in comparison. Tall buildings separated by 10 lanes of traffic isn't what I think of as urban. Even Absolute's two attractive towers would've worked better as beacons to the Credit River/Lake Ontario area.

Patience!

MCC is still developing and Sheridan's new campus will help make MCC more urban. Sure there are wide roads, but those wide roads present opportunities for the future. Things will work out, just takes time.

Awesome! I really like it. I think this is going to be so beneficial to the area. And just ignore these people who think nothing good belongs in MCC. They don't seem to understand that MCC can't change if we stick to doing things the old ways. This is the kind of stuff it needs to promote change.

Port Credit is Port Credit's urban core. MCC is Mississauga's. Streetsville is Streetsville's.

Hmm, well I think the real city is found mostly south of the QEW, with a few little villages like Streetsville, Cooksville and Erindale thrown in the mix. But then I'm basing my bias on my family's history in the "city"--going back almost 200 years. :)

I come from south of the QEW as well, but Port Credit is it's own thing, and all the villages have their own identity. I don't like the idea of Mississauga trying to co-opt Port Credit's identity. I'm all for Port Credit intensifying, but it'll never be 'Mississauga's downtown'.

Hmm, well I think the real city is found mostly south of the QEW, with a few little villages like Streetsville, Cooksville and Erindale thrown in the mix. But then I'm basing my bias on my family's history in the "city"--going back almost 200 years. :)

Ah, yes, the most conservative, sprawled out and car-dependent part of Mississauga is the "real city."

Sheridan College MCC rapidly progressing......pic by Jasonzed at SSC....

20100605a149.jpg

Not a fan. It looks reminiscent of a hospital and uses the same colour palette as a suburban office box. Its amazing what a few angled columns and some minor cantilevers will do for people on this board...But it will provide a space for students to learn, which is good.

p5

Ah, yes, the most conservative, sprawled out and car-dependent part of Mississauga is the "real city."

Maybe car-dependent for some, but not for everyone. I'm living in Port Credit during the week for work, and I left my car at home in Cambridge. I'm steps from the GO train and MT and can walk/bike elsewhere.

Back