Sheridan College (MCC, 4s, Rounthwaite Dick & Hadley Architects) COMPLETE

I am talking about the roundabout that was first proposed for the Sheridan land, "NOT" DoY.

Yes I do know what I am talking about, since I was at the meeting for it.

I know DoY has not started considering I posted the construction date for it in the first place.

Geeee!!!

Nobody here was talking about any such roundabout on the Sheridan land. They were only talking about the one on Duke of York.

BS Kris, the roundabout has been in common UT parlance for years. I believe Drum (or even yourself) posted some preliminary studies (the photocopied ones) a while ago, and they don't seem to have been changed since then so why doubt them?

OMG, clearly there is major confusion here.

I and the others in the past week have been talking about the roundabout on Duke of York at Square One Drive.
drum118 is talking about some roundabout on the property, that nobody else even mentioned, and I really didn't know about any such roundabout, and apparently only he did.

I and the others in the past week have been talking about the roundabout on Duke of York at Square One Drive.
drum118 is talking about some roundabout on the property, that nobody else even mentioned, and I really didn't know about any such roundabout, and apparently only he did.

When the plans were first presented to council for Sheridan, it show a roundabout and various issues where raised about it as it was something new to Mississauga. I even talked to staff after the meeting on it.

I was not at the meeting when revised plans were shown as they there was a different thinking how the land was to be used then. That is why I made the comment about being removed.

The city at the first meeting wanted a parking structure on Rathburn for everyone, but not there based on the current one. It was also a mistake if it went ahead as proposed. They where talking about above ground one while I was pushing a below ground one with development on top of it. As far I am concern, all parking should be underground for the "WHOLE" city core including ones on Sq One property that have been proposed.

I have always known about the roundabouts on DoY from the days of placemaking done back in 2005? since I forgot which year it took place. I thought I made myself clear we were talking two different things, if not I am now.

As you can see from the current photos, that centre section is very close to a roundabout and it should slow drivers down. I maybe wrong, but speed limit in this area will be 20km like its supposed to be on Sq One property, which most ppl don't drive at in the first place.

With construction 5 weeks away for the DoY roundabout, road closure signs will be going up and a lot of drivers will be piss off even more if they used the off ramp, since they have to take a longer trip to get to Sq One now. To bad is my feeling.

I know some MT drivers have mix feelings about this roundabout and the existing stops are to be relocated in this area. The ones at Prince of Wales are to be removed 100%.

So no one else mentioend the other roudabout, so he can't mention it either? Prior to your post saying that Drum118 "doesn't know what [he] is talking about", he clearly explained that he was talking about a different roudabout, and it was clearly understood by everyone else that he was talking about a different roundabout. The only person who did know what he was talking about was you.

So no one else mentioend the other roudabout, so he can't mention it either? Prior to your post saying that Drum118 "doesn't know what [he] is talking about", he clearly explained that he was talking about a different roudabout, and it was clearly understood by everyone else that he was talking about a different roundabout. The only person who did know what he was talking about was you.

Incorrect. Everyone was trying to tell him that the roundabout was still a go, including me.
I didn't say he can't mention it, I'm saying that nobody was talking about the roundabout he mentioned, just the one that was at Square One Drive and Duke of York. Hence the confusion.

I'm still not sure what roundabout there is other than the Square One Drive/Duke of York one. Shouldn't they rename one of the streets surrounding the Sheridan campus as Sheridan Drive or something? Although I guess there's already Sheridan Park Dr, and N/S Sheridan Way, but those are by Oakville.

I'm still not sure what roundabout there is other than the Square One Drive/Duke of York one. Shouldn't they rename one of the streets surrounding the Sheridan campus as Sheridan Drive or something? Although I guess there's already Sheridan Park Dr, and N/S Sheridan Way, but those are by Oakville.

Sorry, in Mississauga.

I think considering how people drive in this city, at least in my recent experiences, we could use some roundabouts. Tried to make a left today, two cars went through the red coming the other direction. I think to myself in those situations, maybe we need tougher tests to get a licence, my god I almost saw three or four near misses on a 10 minute commute home today...what is going on? Too hot out there? Too many people being not being failed on road tests? People all going blind from the sun? :p

early stages of the roundabout along with new SQ1 Drive sidewalks
20110620001.jpg

20110620002.jpg

That whole intersection has to be realign, which will mean relocating the existing sidewalks. They are not the best sidewalk to walk on as well parts of it was missing from day one. They built new sidewalks down by City Centre in the past month that have never seen one since Sq One was built. The north section to Rathburn has only been built in the past 5 years or so. Show how little they thought about people walking in the area.

They will have to relocate some cables and I believe that is what taking place now.

Can phase 2 be close behind...
http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/1031010--sheridan-campus-to-receive-funding

John Stewart|
Jun 21, 2011 - 9:19 AM
Report a Typo or Correction .Sheridan campus to receive funding
After investing almost $200 million in Ontario's post-secondary institutions yesterday, the provincial government is poised to dole out more cash this afternoon at Sheridan College's new City Centre campus.
Ontario Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities John Milloy will be joined by Mississauga MPPs Amrit Mangat and Harinder Takhar as he makes an announcement about funding for the Hazel McCallion business campus at 1 p.m.
In total, Ontario's colleges and universities are getting $600 million for capital improvements.
Yesterday, Takhar announced a $52.5 million facelift for the University of Toronto Mississauga. Most of the money will go to upgrade the original building on campus, the North Building that was constructed as a "temporary" structure in 1966.
The North Building will be completely overhauled while the William G. Davis Building (formerly the South Building) will undergo significant renovations to create cutting-edge laboratory space for more biology and upper-year physics students.
The projects will cost a total of $75 million; $52.5 million from the Ontario government with the remaining $22.5 million coming from the university.
York University landed $50 million yesterday while Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo received a $72.6 million boost and Georgian College in Barrie was given $8 million to finish a new health & wellness centre.
Sheridan College and Ryerson University will receive funding today in the first round of infrastructure handouts promised by Milloy as part of a long-term plan by the province to add 60,000 more students to post-secondary learning.
The announcements are part of the lead-up to the provincial election, which will take place Oct. 6.
~ files from Torstar Network

Here's the follow up to that.

Sheridan expands its campus
Mississauga’s Sheridan College campus is expanding – even as the first phase is yet to open.
The announcement was made today at the Hazel McCallion Campus by John Milloy, Ontario's Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities, whose government is chipping in $60 million in funding.
When completed, the school's second phase will accommodate another 3,000 students, bringing the total number enrolled in Mississauga to 4,700....

^ LOL... Thats awesome. Great news for MCC! Lets hope the phases with parking garages come soon too!

Back