News   Jul 15, 2024
 221     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 374     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Sheppard Line Purple

I always pictured Eglinton as red for some reason. I propose holding orange for any rapid transit built in Mississauga, particularly along Hurontario.

SRT needs to be replaced with subway to release blue for better things.

how about we replace the Sheppard Purple with a row of minature Mel Lastman heads in various stages of his Bad Boy wink?

header.gif

Various shades of purple have been used for the Sheppard Line depending which media you view it from. It's ranges from true purple :( to puce (reddish purple) to fuschia :eek: to almost pink :p.

Eglinton would look great with steely, deep blue :cool:.

[BTW- quite a spectrum our emoticons are, eh?!]

More proof you're not a real Montrealer, ganjavih. They don't make a move there without affixing a colour to a line first. You must feel like a fish out of eau.

Line colours

Nobody can agree on the actual name of the Sheppard line’s colour (“the plum line�), which is a problem. Colour-coding is beloved of wayfinding amateurs, but works if and only if all colours are nameable. You’ve got fewer than ten of those to play with, and maroon/purple/fuchsia isn’t one of them.

Nobody can agree on the actual name of the Sheppard line’s colour (“the plum line�), which is a problem. Colour-coding is beloved of wayfinding amateurs, but works if and only if all colours are nameable. You’ve got fewer than ten of those to play with, and maroon/purple/fuchsia isn’t one of them.

Chicago has all but run out of nameable colours - they've got Red and Blue, the two subway lines, and the Brown, Green, Orange and now Pink lines, the El Lines, and the Yellow and Purple in the northern burbs.

The only other named colours I know of are in Los Angeles and Boston, where they've come up with Gold (though it would be hard to replicate in a system with yellow) and Silver (Boston's BRT).

Joe, you are right. There's no agreement on the colour of Sheppard, though I hear purple more than any other. The TTC's less than stellar record of standard colours and fonts makes it difficult if they ever decide to go to named colours from the mouthful Yonge-University-Spadina and Bloor-Danforth names.

More proof you're not a real Montrealer, ganjavih.

That's true, I'm really a Westmounter. It's how I keep my sanity. I wouldn't want to have anything to with that filthy city next door... well, except eat at its restaurants.

Back