What is your belief system?

• Atheistic/Secular Humanist

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • Theistic/Believer in a spirit but not necessarily religion

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Religiously Theistic/Follower of a specific doctrine or religion

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
I think the whole silly concept of religion is dying in the more modern and enlightened countries in the world, such as Canada.

I actually find the trend quite refreshing...

Isn't the whole idea of divine intervention, even requested, contrary to the notion of free will? If the religious believe that prayer improves test grades, then it should indeed be banned as a form of cheating.

Isn't the whole idea of divine intervention, even requested, contrary to the notion of free will? If the religious believe that prayer improves test grades, then it should indeed be banned as a form of cheating.
What about those kids on Ritalin? Isn't that cheating, sort of athletic steroids for students? What about using the brain you were given to do the best you can in competition with other equally un-medicated students?

As for religion, I say do what makes you feel right spiritually, and leave it at that.

Indeed, where is my agnostic / don't really care normally option?

I am definately against dogma and any authoritarian religious institution though.

What about those kids on Ritalin? Isn't that cheating, sort of athletic steroids for students? What about using the brain you were given to do the best you can in competition with other equally un-medicated students?

Um, Ritalin's about behaviour modification, it doesn't make you smarter. If it causes one to be more focused in class, all it's doing is affording the hyperactive student the same chances at excelling as everyone else. You wouldn't tell the amputeed kid who beat you in a sprint race that he cheated because he has an artificial leg would you :confused:?

Um, Ritalin's about behaviour modification, it doesn't make you smarter. If it causes one to be more focused in class, all it's doing is affording the hyperactive student the same chances at excelling as everyone else. You wouldn't tell the amputeed kid who beat you in a sprint race that he cheated because he has an artificial leg would you :confused:?

'Um', you're comparing ritilin to an amputee?

Do you stop at nothing to be contrary?

If blind faith made any sense we wouldn't have to ask the question to begin with. Faith is what it is: faith. There is no reason to it. Its all reliance on a feeling, an urge, a belief without anything to back it other than good feelings.

Back