Toronto Scenic On Eglinton | ?m | 18s | Aspen Ridge | P + S / IBI

2015? You think that late? My guess would be late 2014.

Also agree with late 2014. The Senic buildings are not that tall, and there will not be that many below grade levels. Assuming three below grade, ground level and first level above ground- all not typical, and will take about one month each (total five months), followed by four months for the typical floors (I am not sure how tall Senic 3 is, assuming 16 floors (between the 18 and 14 for Senic I and Senic II), a couple of months to for the mechanical penthouse, then say eight months from top off for installation and commissioning of all the buildings electrical and mechanical systems, as well as interior finishing of the first suites to be occupied - should make occupancy in approximately 17 months or so, around the end of 2014, not late 2015.

Only thing is this building will have 6 underground levels. The have to dig down another 15m with probably a total of 3 tieback levels. Cant see the footings starting until dec/jan. Topping off will probably be around feb/mar 2015.

Only thing is this building will have 6 underground levels. The have to dig down another 15m with probably a total of 3 tieback levels. Cant see the footings starting until dec/jan. Topping off will probably be around feb/mar 2015.

Six underground levels for a building outside of the downtown core, and is only 18 stories high - that is quite a lot of below grade space. My thought would be that given its location, with the Eglinton LRT notwithstanding, the developer's expectation is that there would have to be between one and two car parking spots for each unit in order to be able to sell the building...

You can see Scenic from westbound subway trains crossing the Bloor Street Viaduct. It improves the cityscape, which in that area is just generic apartment towers from the 1960s.

Just took these at 4pm today from Vanderhoof Ave facing North:

cCRgaNW.jpg

Link

43HvHN9.jpg

Link

Attachments

• cCRgaNW.jpg
    cCRgaNW.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 43HvHN9.jpg
    43HvHN9.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,463
Last edited by a moderator:
Article about Scenic 3

Council rejects 98 extra condo units in Eglinton and Don Mills project
Aspen Ridge expected to make appeal to OMB
East York Mirror

ByLisa Queen

Toronto Council has turned down a bid to add 98 units to a future East York condo building.
Council approved Don Valley West Councillor John Parker’s motion that resulted in the units being rejected in the yet-to-be-built third tower in the Aspen Ridge “Scenic on Eglinton†development at 160 Vanderhoof Ave. southwest of Eglinton Avenue and Don Mills Road.
“This development has origins dating back about two decades. It was approved in a settlement at the OMB (Ontario Municipal Board) well before construction activity began on the two towers that have now been built,†Parker said in an email newsletter.
“Under the existing settlement agreement, the developer has approval for the construction of three towers having a total of 965 dwelling units.â€

The first two buildings, which are completed, have 747 units, meaning 218 units could be built in the third phase of the development featuring the third tower, Parker said.

However, the developer asked the committee of adjustment to permit 316 units in the third building, which would have resulted in a total of 1,063 units, and also requested a reduction in the ratio of parking spaces, he said.

“At my request, Aspen Ridge attended a public meeting that I arranged last summer at which its proposal was brought to the attention of the neighbouring residents and business operators. Aspen Ridge explained its intention to fit more units into the existing building dimensions by reducing the average size of each one,†Parker said.

“That is to say, its proposal did not involve enlarging the dimensions of the building itself; it proposed reducing the size of the units within it. The argument that Aspen Ridge emphasized in support of its proposal is that current market conditions favour small condominium units.â€
The issue came before the committee of adjustment on Sept. 25.

“I submitted a somewhat sharply worded letter urging that the proposal be rejected and that the developer be held to the terms of its existing agreement,†Parker said.

“Given that I am none too pleased with the original permission to build three high rise towers in the first place, I do not see it in the interest of our community to accept a proposal for 18 storeys of dwelling units each the size of a Rosedale walk-in closet. I was pleased that in this case the Committee saw things my way. It declined all requested variances.â€
Aspen Ridge has appealed the committee’s decision to the OMB.

Council voted at its meeting last week to defend its position at the future hearing.

Has anyone heard about this?????

If you want to talk about occupancy dates, or anything else about your purchase in this building, please post in the Real Estate thread for this development, not in this thread. The Real Estate thread is linked near the top of this page along with our dataBase file link.

Thanks!

Back