News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.1K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 766     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 730     1 

Scarborough Photographs: Then and Now

The bakery and the bridal comparison are destined to be a classic. Taking the trouble to charm the present owners to pose like that. :)

The bakery and the bridal comparison are destined to be a classic. Taking the trouble to charm the present owners to pose like that. :)

Chatting with people is the best part of doing these photo's Mustapha , somebody is always wondering what I am up to and hopefully if they are old enough they give me a history lesson.

This comparison shows how a photographer can make even a boring building look good with some creativity. In this case, the apartment building is almost unchanged in the present photo, but it looks much more boring than in the original architectural photo. Lens distortion in the original makes the proportions seem bolder and its roofline pleasantly sloped. The exposure also has a good contrast of light and dark sections, also making the architecture seem more interesting than it is.

This comparison shows how a photographer can make even a boring building look good with some creativity. In this case, the apartment building is almost unchanged in the present photo, but it looks much more boring than in the original architectural photo. Lens distortion in the original makes the proportions seem bolder and its roofline pleasantly sloped. The exposure also has a good contrast of light and dark sections, also making the architecture seem more interesting than it is.

I agree junctionist. I love all the original photos and I wish I had their talent with the lens. I just point and click.

Many of those superb architectural photos should be credited to an old acquaintance (now deceased), Hugh Robertson (if the archive made reference to Panda Photography).

Many of those superb architectural photos should be credited to an old acquaintance (now deceased), Hugh Robertson (if the archive made reference to Panda Photography).

University of Calgary -Panda it was Goldie , good guess.

O'connor and Eglinton looking west.
vpoconner.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

O'connor and Eglinton 2
eg7.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Back