News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 450     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Roncesvalles Reconstruction

But wait for those large bump outs for the platforms at some of those small streets.

Was on this road on Sunday and you would not know construction was taking place for it.

Where construction has taken place to where it stop for this weekend event, the road was 100% pave.

All the construction equipment and material were place on the side streets.

There was construction taking place south of Dundas not effected by the event.

This cause some big bucks to back fill all the road in, pave over it, move all the equipment and material to the side streets and then back.

When I passed by it today I thought they were getting rid of streetcar tracks on that street for good when I saw they paved over them.

The concrete base will be poured next year. Any asphalt will be temporary as work continues and over winter.

I guess they're still on schedule in terms of the 2010 completion then. I really can't wait for the new streetscape - especially the bike lane.

The TTC has a request for funding to establish accessibale streetcar/LRV platforms on Roncesvalles Avenue. It will be discussed at the next commissioners meeting on the 17th of November. See this link for the PDF.

From the report:
No funding was provided for this project requirement in the TTC 2010-2014 Capital Program which was approved as amended by the Commission on October 29, 2009.
Funding of $800,000 was included under Program 1.2 Surface Special Trackwork Replacement Program - category State of Good Repair / Safety as outlined on pages 45 to 48 of the TTC 2010-2014 Capital Program in 2010 for related work. However, that work must be deferred to at least 2011 to coordinate with City of Toronto timing for that work. This project can accommodate the 2010 cash flow required for the new scope work requirements of the 3.3 Yards and Roads project in 2010 ($800,000)

Sounds like an accounting correction.

Sounds like someone Goof and one of those projects getting that fly under the radar add on.

Then, the EA has only been approved by the City and still waiting the rubber stamp from MTO.

A friend of mine recently attended a council meeting, where the Roncesvalles LRT was discussed and he said that it looks like the streetcar tracks may not be replaced- instead we could possibly see bus service between King and Dundas West station. I cannot confirm whether this is true or not, but he has been attending a lot of council and committee meetings regarding projects in the west end and writing about them for the Gleaner.

I personally would find this to be a shame if this is true and think Roncy would lose a good amount of its charm, not to mention connectivity to the city etc., via the King Car.

p5

A friend of mine recently attended a council meeting, where the Roncesvalles LRT was discussed and he said that it looks like the streetcar tracks may not be replaced- instead we could possibly see bus service between King and Dundas West station. I cannot confirm whether this is true or not, but he has been attending a lot of council and committee meetings regarding projects in the west end and writing about them for the Gleaner.

I personally would find this to be a shame if this is true and think Roncy would lose a good amount of its charm, not to mention connectivity to the city etc., via the King Car.

p5

I cannot see that happening.

p5

Streetcars will not return this year, but will return in 2010.

Your friend has comprehension issues. The plan for Roncesvalles was detailed before construction started, complete with the controversial bumpouts that will allow people to board streetcars without walking into traffic.

Your friend has comprehension issues. The plan for Roncesvalles was detailed before construction started, complete with the controversial bumpouts that will allow people to board streetcars without walking into traffic.

So what!! WTF are you trying to say. We know about the detailed plans, because we have seen them posted here and I have been to town-hall meetings. I was merely stating a point about what transpired at a recent city committee meeting - this has nothing to do with planning approvals or the like, but it may be related to the TTC's financial issues. The information may or may not prove accurate, but I mentioning it. But you are right, he has comprehension issues and I am glad you pointed that out - dbag.

*Disclaimer: Comments posted herein may contain information which may or may not be subject to comprehension issues of said informants, texts, articles, friends, and not limited to passers-by.

p5

Last edited:
Apparently the loading platforms are planned to be designed for use by cyclists given the new road configuration. Ramps will be included on the platforms so that cyclists can ride on and off.

Back