117     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 963     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 879     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, pud. We can rant about rules and hypocrisy all we like, but in the end, if they go by the rules and run by-election(s), Ward 2 will elect a Ford -- Rob, Doug, Diane, Randy, Kathy, Doug Sr's remains, Mikey, Doug's Jewish wife or maybe his sick old dog -- doesn't matter.

Maybe it's actually better to make some kind of deal. Like one that spells out in writing that if Rob kicks the bucket at any point during his recovery, Doug's interim councillor status is immediately void, so he can't just stay there. Mind you, then they will just run a by-election and any Ford on the ballot will win anyways. *Sigh*

Canada has been lauded for years for it's contribution to comedy. The Fords are merely cementing our reputation.

It's a grim read, actually. Ford will survive all this and "keep on keepin' on" to torment this city for decades to come. It's just the way it is. The people you think should get some kind of "karmic redress" via illness -- not just for being vile people, but they also tend to play Russian roulette with their health -- somehow they always survive.

Well, that is one possibility. The surgery may be a go, but it is still very risky. Now, he may pass on, but the Ford brand will continue.

Well, that is one possibility. The surgery may be a go, but it is still very risky. Now, he may pass on, but the Ford brand will continue.

When Rob dies he will likely be replaced by Mikey. Mikey is wildly unqualified, but to his credit does not appear to have inherited the same asshole genes that course through his uncles' veins. He will become yet another faceless councillor punching in for a paycheque and the spotlight will go to somewhere/someone else. One hopes.

I don't dislike Mikey, despite him being totally unqualified for public office. If a Ford must run, make it him. Let him show how unfit he is for the job. Maybe then Ward 2 will realize that the Ford's aren't interchangeable.

Last edited:
I don't dislike Mikey, despite him being totally unqualified for public office. If a Ford must run, make it him. Let him show how unfit he is for the job. Maybe then Ward 2 will realize that the Ford's aren't interchangeable.

Didn't they already learn that from Doug's tenure while Rob was mayor?

Mikey is worse than Doug in that respect. He is 20 years old, didn't finish college and has no life experience.

... and his father is a murderer and his addict mother is treated like a pariah by her dysfunctional addiction-riddled family. And is already morbidly obese in a family with a weird love/hate/shaming/obsession thing going with weight. And is a member of a family with a deep history of denial, self-medicating with drugs and alcohol and solving issues with each other and with outsiders through bullying, and have an unquenchable thirst for power and influence and a demented belief that they are "chosen" to rule.

I mean..., with all that baggage and that dysfunction being the only "normal" he's ever known, you gotta wonder who he is going to become.

Being a trustee teaches you to deal with personal agendas and promote your own; a simplistic statement but accurate.

Is there a Mascarin, Rust D'eye, Ha-Redeye or anyone with municipal law knowledge posting in this forum? If so please tell me if I'm correct in the fact a single elector can petition the Ontario Superior Court to declare a Council seat vacant whether there is a seating member or not. Wow, if so, that is pretty finicky recall legislation
Am I misreading or has my selective dyslexia kicked in because when I read Section 210 and 211 of CoTA that is the conclusion I come to.

Sections 210 and 211 apply only if:

(1) a member's office (councillor or mayor) has become vacant for one or more of the reasons listed in section 204 and Council fails to carry out its duty to make a declaration of vacancy under section 207 (for example, if there was no quorum at the meeting at which Council was required to make the declaration, or if a majority of Council for some reason does not want to see X booted from office even though X is supposed to be booted for a reason listed in section 204) - in which case a voter can apply to the Court for an order declaring the vacancy; or

(2) a majority of Council does not think that a member's office has become vacant for any of the reasons listed in section 204 and a voter disagrees - in which case the voter can apply to the Court for a ruling that, contrary to the view of the majority of Council, the office has become vacant for at least one of the reasons listed in section 204, thus declaring a vacancy.

In other words, the sections do not create a recall power. The Court can only declare an office vacant if it finds that there is a vacancy for one of the reasons listed in section 204.

​Not a municipal lawyer in particular but play one on TV.

Last edited:
I said it here when the cancer surfaced and I'll say it again: If Robbie dies in office $10 says that Mikey's candidacy for Ward 2 will be announced during the eulogy.

You think they'll wait that long? Doug will be braying about it on his way out of the hospital after getting the news.

... and his father is a murderer and his addict mother is treated like a pariah by her dysfunctional addiction-riddled family. And is already morbidly obese in a family with a weird love/hate/shaming/obsession thing going with weight. And is a member of a family with a deep history of denial,
self-medicating with drugs and alcohol and solving issues with each other and with outsiders through bullying, and have an unquenchable thirst for power and influence and a demented belief that they are "chosen" to rule.

I mean..., with all that baggage and that dysfunction being the only "normal" he's ever known, you gotta wonder who he is going to become.

Thanks Kat. It needed saying. People seem all "hands offish" where he is concerned. Its like we are afraid of discriminating against a person withsub par intelligence because its not his fault. Have we not had enough of leaders with out the mental wherewithal to ....oh I don't know....do thier job? No passes. Public service is too important to be precious about. And with that councillor, ward 2 needs all the help it can get. Would you hire a person with brain damage to run your affairs? Are we a less compassionate society to want the best minds on the most important issues? No. Political correctness goes too far for my logic. Giving Michael Ford a pass. Fuck no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back