380     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 573     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the intent is to produce some sort of gotcha moment with regard to Doug Ford's "Jewish conspiracy", I think we can safely let it drop. It's not going anywhere because Doug will never, ever cop to lying or even stretching the truth. We've even identified an easy out for him if it gets any uglier: he can just say he confused Russian Orthodox with Orthodox Judaism. There won't be any apology or admission of wrongdoing.

I get that some on this forum enjoy the internet sleuthery aspect of it all, finding ways to definitively "catch" the Fords in a lie. Me, I can't help thinking "why expend all this energy for zero payoff"? I guess if you give up on calling out liars, that's just opening the floodgates, and there is value in vigilance as an ethical stand. But the Fords take "what's the fucking point?" to a whole new level.

^THIS is why I try to call, especially Doug but Rob too, on their daily dose of bullshit they keep trying to feed the city. I expect a politician to fudge the odd stat or crunch a number in their favour once in a while, but that is not what these two do. AT ALL. And instead of a little nod and a wink "My bad" at the first wiff which would likely defuse the whole whatever-thing-that-day, they both double and then sometimes triple down on the lie, compounding it into a life of it's own. Which then sucks all the oxygen for a news cycle, until they do it again...
The Jewish wife LIE is enough at Karla not practising for the original point of "How can I be Anti-Semetic, my wife is Jewish" But Doug has to tweek the story which is also a lie, to her mother was, then when it's clear the mother didn't practise either, became well her grandparents were, which is also very unlikely, but so far from the original point as to be meaningless either way. He's already polished the next turd (Charter Cable's bankruptcy)and dropped it nearly two hours ago. Glad to see that one down in flames so quickly this morning too. Bring on the next one Doug. The fact-checkers await.

/2¢

lmao everyone has an addiction in that family.. Deco labels is run by Randy Ford the dead beat dad.. Madison and Jonathan are Lisa's kids and they do live north away from Randy due to alcohol addiction and running around on her. He is a deadbeat father that only pays support for the daughter WTF is wrong with him, you have the two kids buddy pay for both of them.

hello and welcome.

that is sad :( he surely has enough money.

I finally got some solid feedback on Jaclyn Dawe from an official source. I'll write a little blog piece about it if I ever find the time to update my site! I have a good Mike Del Grande piece too comparing what he said about Ford running for mayor 10 years ago with what he's saying now.

thanks, Jimmi! :)

View attachment 35216
Be careful what you wish for. I'm dreading it.

Why?

Either (a) we get rid of the Fords altogether, or (b) Doug is elected, goes directly to COI court and has his powers stripped like his brother before him.

In his ward run, either (a) Rob is elected and immediately takes sick leave or (b) he is defeated.

Dread? Celebrate!

As Ward 2 councillor, Doug Ford is on record as having:
- built a chain-link fence to stop foot traffic between the Dixon Towers and the nice residential neighbourhood next to it, which includes Windsor Road. Residents petitioned for the fence in order to keep drug dealers out of the hood.
- got permission for the developer of the Cloud9 condo on Esther Lorrie Drive to have 30 ad signs instead of the usual 10.
- donated $5K of his own money towards a grassroots program to upgrade playground equipment in Flagstaff Park
- held three community meetings and wrote a letter in an effort to help residents along posh Topbank Drive avoid having to fix driveway width violations
- promised to help a young local man to start a youth centre but failed to come through on any of his promises
- showed up to group of kids playing pick-up basketball at the Ascot Co-op, handed out pizza & shirts, christened them the "Rexdale Raiders", got a nice photo op, coached a game with Amin Massoudi (volunteer coach), and continues to claim that he started a basketball team.
- claims to have 'taken the bricks down' to Woodbine Live where he and Rob 'are building it themselves' although sadly no evidence of this can be found in the soybean field that currently exists on the site.

We've been researching Doug's impressive record as a councillor for Andray's campaign and we really can't come up with much more than this. Four action-packed years, folks. But then he was at city council 18 hours a day, every day, and also mentors youth, day in day out, and also finds time to go for runs in High Park and run Deco and keep up with his family geneaology, so I guess Ward 2 got the short end of the stick.

What you're not going to give him credit for
the unwarranted traffic control at Tidemore & Rexdale (1st 3 way east of Steak Queen)
the refurbishing of Fairhaven Park (in the news this week, it wasn't good news)
the expansion of the juice company next door to their rented parking lot on Vulcan
the expansion of a bread company in North Etobicoke (taking the credit and it is not even in his ward)
the four garden exemptions in Ward 2
the four fence exemptions in Ward 2
the seven parking regs in Ward 2
the four stop controls in Ward 2
the four speed limits in Ward 2
All this in four years...
That is about the same amount of business that is done in say Ward 20 in a very slow month

Are we going to have a new pool for election day? Basic, are you interested in keeping track again?

ETA - I can do the pool if anyone is interested, basic can take a break this time :)

Yes, I can do the pool! When do people want the cutoff to be?

It's a pretty crazy story! If he was running for mayor still I think it would strip him of his non-core support. Who knows if will impact Doug though, even though I think he's been involved or at least fully aware of things all along.

I seem to be the only one who thinks a new crack story would affect Doug's support! (And Rob's run for Ward 2 for that matter). Of course it depends a bit on how damning (e.g., actual video or pics) and if it happened post spahab. Soft Ford support has been maintained in part because Rob has claimed rehab changed him and the lack of evidence to the contrary. If news emerges that Ford's been lying, expect some drop off. Then expect even more drop off when Doug goes supernuclear with the media as he tries to defend Rob.

But that's just me. Hope there's another story in the works. I firmly believe that Ford has been as fucked up since rehab as he was before. I'd love to see some evidence that I'm right.

Last edited:
Why?

Either (a) we get rid of the Fords altogether, or (b) Doug is elected, goes directly to COI court and has his powers stripped like his brother before him.

In his ward run, either (a) Rob is elected and immediately takes sick leave or (b) he is defeated.

Dread? Celebrate!

My prediction is that Doug loses and goes to Chicago, while Rob wins, but is too sick to do his job.

What you're not going to give him credit for
the unwarranted traffic control at Tidemore & Rexdale (1st 3 way east of Steak Queen)
the refurbishing of Fairhaven Park (in the news this week, it wasn't good news)
the expansion of the juice company next door to their rented parking lot on Vulcan
the expansion of a bread company in North Etobicoke (taking the credit and it is not even in his ward)
the four garden exemptions in Ward 2
the four fence exemptions in Ward 2
the seven parking regs in Ward 2
the four stop controls in Ward 2
the four speed limits in Ward 2
All this in four years...
That is about the same amount of business that is done in say Ward 20 in a very slow month

Thanks so much, Greg. Clearly our research team is a bunch of unionized slackers. We'll have to add a new shelf in the campaign office to store all the binders this new information will fill.

Bzb6bdfCUAAwQQg.jpg

https://twitter.com/jlancasterCBC/status/519878156908380160

Attachments

• Bzb6bdfCUAAwQQg.jpg
    Bzb6bdfCUAAwQQg.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,054
15 Windsor knows how to pick a winner...

Bzb6bdfCUAAwQQg.jpg

fixed...

Attachments

• Bzb6bdfCUAAwQQg.jpg
    Bzb6bdfCUAAwQQg.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 830
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back