944     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?
Dread? Celebrate!

Thanks for that, RRR.

But,...

"In his ward run, either (a) Rob is elected and immediately takes sick leave or (b) he is defeated."

If Rob gets in, no matter what his health situation is, I do not expect him to take sick leave unless they somehow force him to. I would, but I'm not a hero.

He seemed to come and go as he pleased when mayor. No one held him accountable, as they would any other employee. Five minutes late? That's five minutes deducted from your pay and a Contact Report in your file.

Rob never had to work by those rules. I'm sure he never had to punch a clock like the rest of us lunch buckets. Making telephone calls from his cancer bed would likely be considered "at work".

So, I expect he will continue the same pattern as Deputy Mayor, if Doug gets in.

Last edited:
My prediction is that Doug loses and goes to Chicago, while Rob wins, but is too sick to do his job.

Sounds about right to me, although I think Rob will have spells where he's in fighting form. All depends on how much treatment he requires, and how often.

Re further crack revelations and Doug's campaign: IMO, the only thing that will drive away is support is a clear-cut fingers/cookie jar revelation. They already exist, obviously, but they're too nuanced to make compelling headlines.

Yes, I can do the pool! When do people want the cutoff to be?

Nice. Thanks Basic. Just to be clear, we're talking only about Doug's final poll numbers correct?
I'm extremely unsure about it this time around. When I sent you my RoFo prediction weeks ago, I felt pretty confident about it.

Doug is doubling down on his "autistic kids" comments after being asked a question by a young man with autism. It's okay though, because his heart goes out to them.

Don't ask me about the Jews, either...

slilleyman 12:27pm via Twitter for Android
A student with Aspergers to Doug Ford: You reduce people like me to animals or common criminals. Explain yourself or apologize.

CP24 12:28pm via TweetDeck
"I have helped numerous, numerous kids," Ford says. Says media misled people on comments he made about Griffin Centre.

Last edited:
Madison and Jonathan are Lisa's kids and they do live north away from Randy due to alcohol addiction and running around on her. He is a deadbeat father that only pays support for the daughter WTF is wrong with him, you have the two kids buddy pay for both of them.

That really is sad, but can't say I'm surprised. Hopefully, at least, the kids are being kept out of the Ford family circle of addicts, losers and outsized delusions of grandeur.

"I have helped numerous, numerous kids," Ford says. Says media misled people on comments he made about Griffin Centre.

Dear Doug. We have this cool new thing called video now. We can all see and hear what you did and said. We don't need the media to interpret it for us.

Ford is claiming that both of her maternal grandparents are Jewish - he mentions the name Arenowicz - which may "sound" Jewish when spoken but that spelling isn't very Jewish. His name was John George Arenowicz - doesn't sound very Jewish to me.

How many Jewish converts to Orthodox Christianity were there in Ottawa in 1916?

http://www.christthesaviour.ca/our-church/

And why would they bother converting when there were already well-established Jewish congregations in Ottawa?

The Ottawa Jewish community traces its history to the middle of the 19th century. The first Jewish settler, Moses Bilsky, came to Ottawa from Russia in 1858, left three years later and returned to stay in 1869. He and his descendants played an important role in the development of the type of community we know today. There were only a handful of Jews in Ottawa in the 1860 and 1870s but by the 1880s, religious services were flourishing in homes, notably that of Moses Bilsky and his family. Ottawa's first congregation (Adath Jeshurun) traces its origin from 1890, followed by Agudath Achim, founded in 1902. Both merged in 1956 to form Beth Shalom. Machzikei Hadas was founded in 1906; Agudath Israel in 1936; Temple Israel and Young Israel in 1966.

Whoa! Big shift in Doug's messaging there. I thought he would have said "millions!"

BTW. What does "numerous + numerous" equal? Or are we supposed to multiply? Been a long time since I had use the order of operations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back