303     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 428     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 498     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the Ward 13 debate last night. Made me thankful to live in a ward with four subway stations, a lake, a river, a pond, and High Park.

As for who would be the best mayor for Scarborough ( as an example ) how would I know?

I miss the days when we only had to worry about our ward, and borough, and let the councillors figure out who was best to run the other 240 square miles. I think there was a lot less local political anxiety back then.

Last edited:
What's the difference between an unpaid campaign intern and an unpaid campaign volunteer? Sounds like it's just a question of semantics.

Well for one, you wouldn't likely requires resumes for volunteers;
Specific skills would be a nice to have, not a must in order to volunteer I.e. You wouldn't decline a campaign volunteer if s/he couldn't use a computer, they'd just do something else;
You couldn't dictate the minimum hours, you take what you get ...

Those type of dictates are more associated with a job than a volunteer.

Can't find it right now, but it was in an interview a couple of days ago with WormTongue that Rob said next chemo would be Oct 5.

Air rights for cripes sake...it is tough enough to get development along the outer edges of B-D and Spadina now without ratepayer asociations getting up in arms about densification let alone heights...

I belong to the Bloor West Village Ratepayers Association. There's already too much development going on around here. Guess that makes me a NIMBY.

Save Our Village
http://saveourvillage.ca/

Last edited:
Can't find it right now, but it was in an interview a couple of days ago with WormTongue that Rob said next chemo would be Oct 5.
I remember reading that too. Mind you, he also said something about his next round of chemo being 5 days, which in Ford speak probably means 3 days of chemo and 2 extra days recovering in hospital like last time.

I belong to the Bloor West Village Ratepayers Association. There's already too much development going on around here. Guess that makes me a NIMBY.

http://saveourvillage.ca/

and tomorrow night the mayoralty circus comes to the 'hood, 7:00pm at Runnymede United. I don't think I can go for the whole thing but I'll be sure to at least walk by for some of it.

Greg Banks:

“But to be fair, the downtown people have enough subways already,” the mayor continued. “I think it’s only time to treat everyone equally, and Scarborough, North York, Etobicoke — everyone deserves subways here.” - Ford, 2013

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/1...s-enough-subways-already-mayor-rob-ford-says/

Wouldn't trust him to build a sewer, much less a subway.

AoD

I'd be even more frightened if Rob was running a sewer project. I like not having to worry about cholera.

18 day dry out period between chemo sessions, Worms not fact checking again.

"A thought for the day" from Word of the Day. I can't help but think of FoFam:

"Seven blunders of the world that lead to violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics without principle." -Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back