130     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 879     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2.4K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop speculating on Jude's motives. Her bona fides are rock solid and public enough to search. If there is a delay my mind goes to injunction. She's taking on a family of Goliaths. ..with legals on retainer.

We're all just kids inside and we're hoping to open the gifts today is all. Personally I had a Mars bar and I'm feeling more patient.

I'm sure she's got something good - I just don't do so well with suspense lol.

There can be reasons not to go to the media but leave the media to find something themselves. Just one example: Filing pleadings for a civil suit containing allegations that are or might be defamatory is protected against being the basis for a defamation claim if those allegations are used within the context of that suit - but to send those pleadings to someone not involved in the civil suit or steer someone not involved in the civil suit into finding them (e.g., a reporter) can be the basis for a defamation claim.

Last edited:
She has dropped hints that it's related to Build Toronto and/or a conflict of interest issue on Doug's part. I doubt this is it.

Also a hint that it involves the Government Management Committee (the one that was the answer to the 'quiz' Doug gave to Tory about which standing committee deals with spending). Amongst other things, that committee deals with transactions between the City and Build Toronto Inc. Both Fords were on that committee, although a quick glance at the minutes for the last couple of years gives the impression that Doug often was absent while Robbie was in attendance (leading one back to the issue of Robbie's actions/omissions sticking to Doug because of all of Doug's boasts that everything has been a joint effort).

I feel like it's enough already with the "something big is about to drop" posts, with the follow-on speculation posts. Can we have a moratorium-ish thing about that?

It's been three weeks since the eleventh-hour-and-fortieth-minute meryl switcheroo. Rob was about to start his first cycle of chemo of 3 days on + 18 days off.

On that schedule, he'll be due to start round two sometime this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back