2.2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.9K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm with ya. Not much sympathy here. Getting sick doesn't turn a Rob into a saint in my eyes.
The crap he put everyone around him through is unforgivable.

He's out. That's all I care about.

Yep - it has nothing to do with his poor behaviour as a mayor.

AoD

Sigh. Karma can be a bitch.

Oh, I don't know. If this is real - and as others have said, I don't see legitimate medical professionals helping the Fords in a fake tumor scam; they'd need some medical version of Hotmail Lawyer to do that - then it gives Mayor Circus Clown a perfect way out if he wants to save face. It certainly feeds into the "Rob Ford as Eternal Victim" narrative that his thug base devours like manna from heaven. It rescues Slob from a potentially humiliating defeat come October, and leaves ample room for future returns to the political arena. "Yessir, folks, I wuz struck down by bad health before I could finish my noble work on behaff of th' taxpayers, but now I'm back!!"

The Fords will be exploiting this for as much political gain as they can, just as they do with everything else.

Last edited:
I don't even care what happens to him personally. He's not in my circle of people I care about. Sucks for him, lots of other people got bad medical news today too across the globe.

I just want him out of politics.
Well said.

Unfortunately, my husband's wasn't benign. It took him at least 3 months to recover from the surgery, he didn't have a bag, but was stage 4 and lived with it for 3 years, until he died at age 53. That was 5 years ago.

My belated condolences. My wife pulled through and it was tough for us.

Like I was saying Doug doesn't know what's coming.
My Father retired the day after his diagnosis of colon cancer and never wanted to go to work again.
The bag is a real pain to deal with. You have to stay close to a washroom in case the tape releases.
His desire to go out of the house diminished quite a bit.

P.S. I reveal these details not to garnish sympathy, but to support the argument that Rob is done.
We will all face these issues in our old age.

If he drops out, who's to say Tory wins? A lot of people have declared for him because they want to get rid of Ford. If Ford bows out, they are free to vote for who they really want.

I meant that if Rob doesn't drop out, then he would most likely lose to Tory. But if Rob does drop out, then we won't get to see him lose to anyone. I never said that Tory will win if Rob drops out.

Last edited:
My belated condolences. My wife pulled through and it was tough for us.

Like I was saying Doug doesn't know what's coming.
My Father retired the day after his diagnosis of colon cancer and never wanted to go to work again.
The bag is a real pain to deal with. You have to stay close to a washroom in case the tape releases.
His desire to go out of the house diminished quite a bit.

P.S. I reveal these details not to garnish sympathy, but to support the argument that Rob is done.
We will all face these issues in our old age.
Thanks for your condolences. I'm glad your wife made it, and you're right, it's all part of getting old. Recovery will take months, he's done, he can't run for mayor.

Last edited:
Hah, no one would vote for Mikey or Doug city-wide. In their ward, maybe. But if Rob's out, a Ford as a mayor will be only history as of Oct 27.

Doug's just *creepy* and people that vote on emotion will recognize that. Mikey's just a kid, although apparently a nice kid, he can't compete with Tory. "I ran Rogers, kid, you did... what? summer camp?"

To speculate that Ford might be making this all up as a diversion tactic suggests that a whole team of medical professionals is also in on the con. I can't see it.

You're right. I'm a casual follower and sometimes commenter here. Usually it's a fantastic discussion, but thinking that a hospital somehow willingly put their reputation on the line to lie about Ford is so ridiculous is boggles the mind. If they say that they did a scan and found a tumor, then that's what has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back