2.6K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 691     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
To speculate that Ford might be making this all up as a diversion tactic suggests that a whole team of medical professionals is also in on the con. I can't see it.

it's called a muffin top. sometimes overweight people think if they can manage to do up a pair of pants, then they fit. It doesn't matter that it's squeezing your lower abdomen flab up into your upper belly flab, and causing it to hang over your pants -- you did up the zipper and button -- Hooray! Now if you can just manage to find the "right" shirt for a little camouflage, and/or walk around all day with your gut sucked in, you're gonna look great!

Dressing a large body is frustrating, and sometimes involves delusion and self-deception.

Yes, personally I was a great practitioner of the "Zeppelin-in-a-condom" style, or, as my sister used to say, "a ten pound sausage in a five pound skin."

Now that I'm wearing more size appropriate clothing, I'm ironically starting to lose weight.

TheFreeDictionary.com -

n.
1. An abnormal growth of tissue resulting from uncontrolled, progressive multiplication of cells and serving no physiological function; a neoplasm.
2. A swollen part; a swelling.

I must admit I am impressed that technology has progressed so far as to be able to discern the difference between the tumor and the entirety that is RoFo.

severe pain is bad...

Late signs and symptoms

Late signs and symptoms occur as the cancer grows larger or spreads to other parts of the body, including other organs. Not all people who have advanced colorectal cancer will have the following late signs and symptoms:

severe abdominal pain

http://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/cancer-type/colorectal/signs-and-symptoms/

why wouldn't he have had it checked sooner?

And why would a hospital CEO do public announcements like these? Stink like high heavens.

AoD

The CEO is also a doctor so carries a lot of weight. As a former hospital PR minion, this doesn't stink to me. It feels like a smart move to establish an authoritative figurehead to speak for the hospital and ringfence the medical & nursing staff from eighty billion media inquiries per day. Should there be followup - e.g., if Rob needs surgery to remove a tumor the size of Nebraska, expect a senior surgeon to speak about the procedural details.

I don't think this is a classic diversion. It's one thing to smash your own car window or show a threatening email to the media, but to fake a tumour? That's a tad extreme, no? IF this is a diversion then the potential news coming out must be huge for him to fake a tumour, but I don't think he is.
It hasn't been diagnosed as a tumour yet, they're going by his symptoms and I assume tests have been ordered. Maybe he's really sick, but he's cried wolf so many times, I don't believe anything Rob or Doug say. I hope for his family he's okay, but after what he's put this city through, I'm finding it difficult to care about Rob's health. Sorry.

I've been told by various members of the media in Toronto that pretty much no one here broadcasts on a delay because our broadcast rules are not that strong, which is a good thing. The entire nation shouldn't freak out at a slip of the tongue or maybe slip of the nip on live TV.

Cool, that means I can go streaking past Robbie's and Dougie's office. :p

So, is the working hypothesis: Rob drops to council race, Mikey drops out entirely, RoFo wins without campaigning and Tory appoints him to the ExecComm?

The press release and involvement of HRRH's CEO makes sense for a few reasons.

1) Explains why media availability is being held at hospital on short notice in the evening.
2) CEO would not (hopefully) get involved in a deliberate attempt to fake illness.
3) Request for privacy much more likely to be honoured coming from someone involved with neither Ford's campaign nor merryl office.

Last edited:
"working diagnosis" means uncomfirmed. I am surprised that the CEO would make an announcement without a diagnosis.

If dude's really sick I'm sorry, but there's been the broken toe, a trip to rehab and Rob himself lately saying he's seen doctors...I guess we'll have to wait and see what's going on.

cynical

I haven't had time to read back thread yet but who else is just a tad cynical that this "was found" two days shy of the deadline to withdraw and run for council instead?

"working diagnosis" means uncomfirmed. I am surprised that the CEO would make an announcement without a diagnosis.

If dude's really sick I'm sorry, but there's been the broken toe, a trip to rehab and Rob himself lately saying he's seen doctors...I guess we'll have to wait and see what's going on.
I bet he's got an ulcer, or enlarged liver from all the booze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back