410     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 627     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told by various members of the media in Toronto that pretty much no one here broadcasts on a delay because our broadcast rules are not that strong, which is a good thing. The entire nation shouldn't freak out at a slip of the tongue or maybe slip of the nip on live TV.

As mentoned, they are on a 7 second delay. The producers are too inept to use it though.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/140...ueben-devlin-regarding-toronto-mayor-rob-ford

Rob Ford has a tumor...

Edit: Missed it by that much.

Maxwell-Smart.jpg

Why get CEO to come out with this?

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/140...ueben-devlin-regarding-toronto-mayor-rob-ford

TORONTO, Sept. 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Earlier today Mayor Rob Ford attended Humber River Hospital's Church Street Emergency Department, complaining of abdominal pains that have persisted for at least three months and have become worse in the last 24 hours. Examination and investigation has resulted in a working diagnosis of a tumor.

The Mayor has been admitted to allow for further investigation to obtain a definitive diagnosis.

A media availability with Councillor Doug Ford and Dr. Rueben Devlin will be held at the hospital's Church St. site at 7:00 PM this evening, Wednesday, September 10, 2014.

Doctor's note anyone? He just had a full work up before going to rehab, unlikely they'd miss a tumour. Sorry if I'm cynical, but he's looking for a reason to drop out and save face.

Last edited:
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m
Ford hasn't yet been fully diagnosed. He has been admitted to Humber River hospital. Doug Ford and hospital chief speaking 7 pm.

Jamie Strashin @StrashinCBC
Mayor Ford's whereabouts unknown today. Campaign not saying. Will not attend tomorrow's Mayor's faith breakfast or Variety Village debate.

He even backed out of the faith breakfast!

Hangover.

Sad that we hear news of possible illness and are immediately suspicious. Totally justified, however

I wouldn't at all put faking serious illness past Ford. Others have done it, including faking cancer to raise money. Some people just suck.

If he truly is ill, I hope he gets the treatment he needs, but add me to the cynical group who don't believe it.

My thoughts exactly. Plus it sounds like Donovan has a story tomorrow as well. Classic diversion.

Hospital CEO might do it for high profile patients - it's a bit unusual but so is the patient. Generally chief of medical staff is best bet when there's high media interest.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the poor PR team at Humber.

Ford's got a tumor:

Statement by Humber River Hospital President & CEO Dr. Rueben Devlin regarding Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

TORONTO, Sept. 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Earlier today Mayor Rob Ford attended Humber River Hospital's Church Street Emergency Department, complaining of abdominal pains that have persisted for at least three months and have become worse in the last 24 hours. Examination and investigation has resulted in a working diagnosis of a tumor.

The Mayor has been admitted to allow for further investigation to obtain a definitive diagnosis.

A media availability with Councillor Doug Ford and Dr. Rueben Devlin will be held at the hospital's Church St. site at 7:00 PM this evening, Wednesday, September 10, 2014.

SOURCE Humber River Hospital

Ooh looks like pattycakes earlier post might be right: doctor's note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back