824     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 737     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Gotti was the "Teflon Don?" I guess Ford is the "Teflon Mayor." Nothing sticks...

Sad...

Other than the stench he carries that requires boatloads of cologne to cover as reported yesterday.

Thanks for the info, patty.
I'm not sure if anyone posted this today, but you might find it interesting:

"Nancy Lucas, a 60-year-old Whitby resident, recently had her application to volunteer with a community organization rejected after the criminal background check she was required to produce included a withdrawn 1994 charge for “uttering threats.”
At the time, she was going through a stressful divorce and was suffering from depression that prompted hospitalization, she says.
The alleged threat happened during a phone conversation with her then husband of 17 years from a hospital pay phone after she says she learned from one of her children that his girlfriend was in their home.
Directly after leaving the hospital, she went with her lawyer to the Pickering police station, where she says she was strip-searched, fingerprinted, had her mug shot taken, was handcuffed and transported to the Oshawa police station.
Rather than go through the costly process of fighting the charge, she says she agreed to sign a peace bond and the charge was withdrawn.
After a career working with children in schools without incident, the 20-year-old charge came as a shock when it reappeared on her police background check this year."

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/..._presumed_innocence_in_background_checks.html

The email chain around the angry Holy Rosary parishioner is interesting.

1. On p.368 the writer's name is only partially blocked. Looks like something along the lines of Paul My****r. Can't see anything matching on the holy rosary website, the political contributions registry or 411. Also, what's on the second sig line - starts with a T.

View attachment 32051

2. On p.364 they say that "Maria" was behind the leaks. Who is Maria?

Finally got around to OCR-ing the pdf. Candidates are:
- Maria Varacalli-Sturino, the Director of Athletics
- Maria Rizzo, Ward 5 trustree
- Maria Sacchetti, Education Assistant @ Don Bosco

My guess would be one of the first two.

Classical FM? 96.3? That's Zoomers for their old folks demographic. You'd hear ads for funeral insurance, adult diapers, etc. It's real lovely.

AoD

That could be it, and as someone else mentioned it could be just the announcer reading an older version (as in not the latest) news feed, but yeah.

One of biggest take away from the Don Bosco story which I fear will not get much mainstream airplay, is the criminal background check and rushing it through Blair. It's talked about here, but it really needs to be hammered everywhere else. I don't know how else to say it, but MINO is acting completely like he's above the law and he think it's absolutely normal and why not, he's been getting away with it for so long. And the people in charge of enforcing and upholding the law in TO seems either incompetent or complicit in this circus.

I once called 911 to report a fire, should I be worried now if I had to submit a background check because I called 911? Does TPS apply the 'snitches who bitches gets stitches' to 911 callers too? Something really is rotten in TO, and it's not just the goose scat.

Last edited:
Not to dwell too much on the patently obvious, but Blair rubber stamping Fatass' criminal backkground check is all the more remarkable when you consider how much milage the Fords have gotten out of their sob story about Blair being out to get them. By now, it's really quite demonstrable that was not the case, but no doubt Slob & Thug will continue to milk that little claim for all it's worth whenever it suits them.

Has anyone ever actually checked on the psychological and physical safety of Rob's kids? Is there any truth to the rumour that they were apprehended (at least, temporarily)? I should think with his drug use, violence, and criminal friends, there could be some concern by CAS . . .

Finally got around to OCR-ing the pdf. Candidates are:
- Maria Varacalli-Sturino, the Director of Athletics
- Maria Rizzo, Ward 5 trustree
- Maria Sacchetti, Education Assistant @ Don Bosco

My guess would be one of the first two.

What's this about? I'm lost.

What's this about? I'm lost.

In the FOI filing there is an email thread from a member of the public complaining that it was "un-Christian" for TCDSB to leak info on Ford to the press. It made its way to a trustee who asked for context and someone from head office said it was "Maria" that did the leaking.

[...]

I once called 911 to report a fire, should I be worried now if I had to submit a background check because I called 911? Does TPS apply the 'snitches who bitches gets stitches' to 911 callers too? Something really is rotten in TO, and it's not just the goose scat.

I think it depends on the context of the 911 call. If you call 911 to say the house across the street is on fire, there are no negative consequences for you. However, if (for example) you call 911 and say you've been having suicidal thoughts and can't find the suicide support number and you called 911, you may very well suffer negative consquences (see link below).

How effed up is it that a person with suicidal thoughts would have to seriously contemplate the repercussions of calling for help! This is really awful.

Ann Cavoukian, the (now) former Information and Privacy Commissioner for Ontario, specifically called out the Toronto Police Service about this issue. TPS has said that it “fundamentally disagrees†with Cavoukian's opinion.

Meanwhile, the city's gangster mayor continues to attract no consequences whatsoever for all the messed up sh*t he causes.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ding_disclosure_of_mental_health_records.html

In the FOI filing there is an email thread from a member of the public complaining that it was "un-Christian" for TCDSB to leak info on Ford to the press. It made its way to a trustee who asked for context and someone from head office said it was "Maria" that did the leaking.

Thanks.

Has anyone ever actually checked on the psychological and physical safety of Rob's kids? Is there any truth to the rumour that they were apprehended (at least, temporarily)? I should think with his drug use, violence, and criminal friends, there could be some concern by CAS . . .

From Ford's ranting on the the "wild" night in March (the incident involving assault by McD's and Ford offering up his wife) pretty much confirms that his kids were not in the home (he remarked to Morris, while driving looped, something to the effect of "at least you didn't have your kids taken away). Likely CAS would've put them with the grandparents, who I believe look after them most days anyway.

Meanwhile, the city's gangster mayor continues to attract no consequences whatsoever for all the messed up sh*t he causes.

And that's what disturbs me. All his reported reactions when he's not in TO, oh let's say that Vancouver jaywalking ticket. He was acting like it's absolutely unthinkable that he's held to account. Someone like Merryl Assclown can not perform his grotesque act on his own for this long without a trainload of enablers and enforcers. And increasingly I think that might include elements of TPS. I had a difficult time taking the phrase "..without fear or favour" from TPS\Blair seriously before, though I certainly wanted to believe. Nowadays that phrase is approaching the level of a stale joke. We'll see if "Brazen 2: Teflon MINO Boogaloo" will actually amount to anything real. But I would not be surprised if it fizzles out. Dissapointed, but not completely surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back