106     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 337     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 397     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
1010 just reported Blair will accept the apology.

Nice of him to call a press conference so his acquiescence can have the biggest audience possible, and so that Doug Ford can come out looking like the bigger man, because of his $1000 (chicken feed) donation to charity.

Jesus Christ. how hard would it have been to just keep his head down and let Doug twist in the wind?

Brutal.

What's the status of the subpoena? There hasn't been a peep about that.

I believe it was served Monday.

As for the apology, ya it sucked, but at some point Blair may have started to look petty. So best to move on.

The Ford's are a spent force, they just don't know it yet. The point was made, and time to just get this thing dragged over the finish line (election day)

Looks like he made it there. Must have had handlers babysitting him all night!

Steak Queen is opened all night I think, so he went directly from there.

The Etobicoke office is about 1 minute drive away from DECO. Maybe there's a room with a pullout couch there for him to sleep on.

It's also about 5 minutes drive from 15 Windsor. ;)

Doesn't sound like he's accepting from his tone... but I wait for the 'but'...

"I've asked Mr Ford to make a donation of $1000 to Covenant House."

So the moral of the presser is that it's not Rob's fault he can't push through his awesome agenda---blame all these jerk councillors who won't play ball with him. And he needs about 15 new councillors who support him 100% to push through his agenda if and when he's re-elected.

So not only is this longshot scenario his only chance to see any success in a new term, but: he already HAD this longshot scenario in place in 2010, and systematically alienated the many councillors who started out on his side.

This has pretty much been his principle all along.

Vote against stuff because it costs money. Appear to save money.

If stuff gets built/introduced despite voting against it, take credit for it.

Promise stuff. If stuff does not materialize, blame the councillors you alienated, the province, the press, the cops, etc. Say you tried but there was a conspiracy against you. Gain sympathy. Walk away not giving a damn because you actually didn't care in the first place.

This has pretty much been his principle all along.

Promise stuff. If stuff does not materialize, blame the councillors you alienated, the province, the press, the cops, etc. Say you tried but there was a conspiracy against you. Gain sympathy. Walk away not giving a damn because you actually didn't care in the first place.

THAT is probably the best description of Ford policy ever.

I believe it was served Monday.

As for the apology, ya it sucked, but at some point Blair may have started to look petty. So best to move on.

The Ford's are a spent force, they just don't know it yet. The point was made, and time to just get this thing dragged over the finish line (election day)

I was wondering about the supoena too. If it WAS served, it's curious that hasn't been reported yet...

this has pretty much been his principle all along.

spot on!!

What lemur said - which is also why one should uninvite RoFo from photo-ops, protocol be damned. If they complain, well, hey, what are they going to do, sue for breaking rules?

AoD

Thanks for the endorsements, ROFOMOFO, deidretree and Jado!

Forgot one more thing: If things starting going really badly for you, dredge up something council approved a few years back and whine loudly about the cost, even though you weren't even there to vote on it and you could have done something at the time, had you bothered to inform yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back