358     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 511     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 858     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a tinfoil hat type but I can't help wondering about the factors at play in this, and what will come of it. Now that Blair's in the lame duck position, he obviously has less need to be cautious in his actions (i.e. working more aggressively to nail Ford), but he's also more vulnerable to charges of score-settling. Will the leaks start popping all over the place? Will the video come out? The mind reels.

Hopefully the G20 debacle was a factor in the decision. Brazen II notwithstanding, Blair needs to be held accountable for the stunts he pulled.

Blair was in a tough situation investigating a member of the Toronto Police Services Board. And I doubt Ford recused himself from the vote to dismiss Blair.

IIRC, Ford never took his spot on the police board.

(Even if he had, he rarely attends board meetings other than Executive Committee.)

The guy clearly isn't playing with a full deck, but impersonating a member of the military and wearing a uniform without authority are both criminal offenses.

Considering Singing Jimmy's been arrested more than one time in the past several weeks, I'm not sure this would bother him much.

I'm not a tinfoil hat type but I can't help wondering about the factors at play in this, and what will come of it. Now that Blair's in the lame duck position, he obviously has less need to be cautious in his actions (i.e. working more aggressively to nail Ford), but he's also more vulnerable to charges of score-settling. Will the leaks start popping all over the place? Will the video come out? The mind reels.

Perhaps Blair wasn't really planning on continuing but asked just to press the position anyways - and maybe leaks will start popping out all over the place in someone's (not necessarily Bill Blair's - maybe the Tory camp's) own scorched earth strategy ahead of October 27th...

Perhaps Blair wasn't really planning on continuing but asked just to press the position anyways - and maybe leaks will start popping out all over the place in someone's (not necessarily Bill Blair's - maybe the Tory camp's) own scorched earth strategy ahead of October 27th...

This is what I'm wondering a bit---whether he requested to stay on for the optics only. Maybe he's privately fine with leaving but didn't want to be seen as backing down, and knows that the Fords' short-term gloating and assumption of victory is inconsequential next to the bombs he is now free to drop with impunity.

Last edited:
Hopefully the G20 debacle was a factor in the decision. Brazen II notwithstanding, Blair needs to be held accountable for the stunts he pulled.

Not to mention almost regular reports of police brutality and excessive force.

And racial profiling.

And releasing records of non-criminal police encounters in background checks.

I doubt that whoever replaces him will turn the police force around, and admittedly, he can only be responsible for so much. But at the end of the day, the buck stops with him, and I am not sad to see him go.

Coffee Run with Rob Ford and the dude with the mouse on his head:
[video=youtube;rOgqymeAcpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOgqymeAcpA[/video]
Ford is totally baked in this video.

Last edited:
He would have been 12 years old when the war ended.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_McMillan_(politician)

The guy clearly isn't playing with a full deck, but impersonating a member of the military and wearing a uniform without authority are both criminal offenses.
just remember that anyone can put up/edit a wikipedia posting -- some stuff on Wikipedia is inaccurate.

mmm, except there are photos circulating all over twitter so good mayor asshat did that but too little too late imo.

you'd think they would quality check and follow rules already - not like no one is noticing their flagrant disregard of rules.

what i just don't get is why people still want to support someone who clearly doesn't care about doing illegal things or ignoring the rules.

guess it's just me and my small mindedness.

I don't think it's the rules that caused them to blur out the phone numbers, but the fact that someone on that list complained.
@ddale8 2h
One person whose number is visible in Rob Ford's campaign ad says he is a 15-year-old and didn't give his consent.

Considering Singing Jimmy's been arrested more than one time in the past several weeks, I'm not sure this would bother him much.

Not suggesting he get charged - just that people who actually have military service might be a bit annoyed that this underbaked pop tart is running around dressed like some kind of Schluempfemacht general.

Coffee Run with Rob Ford and the dude with the mouse on his head:
[video=youtube;rOgqymeAcpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOgqymeAcpA[/video]
Ford is totally baked in this video.

anyone else wondering why deadrat filmed this and then posted on youtube? doesn't exactly do either of them any favours. awkward and dumb dialogue

Not suggesting he get charged - just that people who actually have military service might be a bit annoyed that this underbaked pop tart is running around dressed like some kind of Schluempfemacht general.

LOL - underbaked poptart - I will have to remember this insult. Anyways, I doubt he is wearing any medals and service ribbons.

AoD

LOL - underbaked poptart - I will have to remember this insult. Anyways, I doubt he is wearing any medals and service ribbons.

AoD

Impersonating a vet is something unwell men of a certain age do sometimes.

I suppose they get adulation and attention they normally have never had in their lives.

Or whatever. Something like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back