333     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 575     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford's handwritten callback list is another example of how the Fords do tactics instead of strategy:

- It's clearly his handwriting. Why didn't someone else screen the calls and give him the summaries? Waste of time
- There's no room anywhere to write down a response, follow-up or additional data. He has no way of actioning the calls
- He's not tracking if the person answers - just calls. If he calls back and you aren't home then too bad
- Nothing is getting entered into a database, which means no metrics and no proof or performance tracking

Ford is generating a shitload of valuable data (both for him and for the city), which could be obtained with less effort than he currently spends doing it by hand. Ford gets the tactical win (quick call with an appreciative voter) but misses the ability to do anything strategic with the data. And that, folks, is why retail politics wins elections but doesn't run cities.

I'll rather call 311 than get voice-mail, or worse, a full voice-mailbox.

Ya! One of "ours", if you will, commented about a ford nayshunite not showing up for the fight they arranged.

Just feels like all this rhetoric and constantly seeing RoDoFo be arrogant, unabashed and unquestioned jerks is filtering into the 25%.

And there's enough folks who were supposed to be "quietly" at ford fest but ended up getting into it with folks.

Just makes me go hmmm.

That's months old actually. That Mesesfromto guy is incredibly annoying and considers himself witty, despite some of the most depressingly weak retorts and comments.

Not that I condone fighting, but if he ever caught a boot to the head it's very likely it's well-deserved.

Rob's order is five espressos in one cup! .

Assuming it's not decaf, that's about 400mg of caffeine, which is considered the recommended maximum for a healthy adult, per day.

If he drinks a couple of those a day, even assuming his liver is in decent shape, he's gonna be having muscle tremors and heart palpitations like mad. Caffeine is after all, the world's most widely consumed neurotoxin.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So much passion in that photo. Maybe Jamming has commenced?
Maybe the spec __x_ pages back is true about Stintz supporting Meyr Ferd?
Maybe I been samoken and dranken, tho. r u prefect?

From NowToronto:

"Breaking Ford Nation’s colour code"

"Such low expectations of public service make Ford a hero for offering his black supporters a hamburger and a little attention. A woman who gave her name as Flavour told me passionately, “I’ve been living in Scarborough for many years, and this is the only mayor I’ve ever gotten to shake hands with.â€
This sort of desperation and insecurity would be comic if it weren’t so consistent among the blacks I interviewed.
Ford may not be perfect (I heard this at least a dozen times), he may even be racist sometimes, but he performs token positive gestures toward blacks that others won’t, and that’s good enough for many. "

http://nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=199045
There are many people out there who will let you call them anything you want to if you give them a $20 bill.

Budget Chief in exchange for throwing support first week of October?

Do you think her constituents (in North Toronto where they have thumbs and can read for themselves) will reward her if they see she helped Ford stay in the race? With a 60 percent split for Stintz you only need a pissed off electorate to dump her the way the Beaches dumped Sandra Bussin. If Stintz thinks Ford can win she's playing roulette with her political career for sure.

However... what if Plan B is to throw Ford Nation behind Stintz and she makes RoFo Deputy Mayor?

Last edited:
"A woman who gave her name as Flavour told me passionately, “I’ve been living in Scarborough for many years, and this is the only mayor I’ve ever gotten to shake hands with.”

She can shake the mayor's hand at the New Year's Day Levee at City Hall.

Stumbled across this from late last year: "Ford told the Toronto Sun in November that he planned to buy a ticket to the Winter Classic. But the U.S. government and immigration lawyers told the Star that he might be turned back at the border because of his admission of crack cocaine use."
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ford_on_new_years_day_not_winter_classic.html

Last edited:
so i couldn't help but check out other songs on weird al's new album, and found one for those grammar, etc. nazis on here...

[video=youtube;8Gv0H-vPoDc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc[/video]

View attachment 30635

Looks like they have reached an understanding.

"Bill Blair loses his job, Rob Ford keeps his.

Toronto is looking more like Gothom city every day." #TOpoli ( sic )

ETA Looks like Mrs Stintz did it in high heels too! Hard to believe they are about the same age.

View attachment 30637

I thought Robbie was an athlete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back