891     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 405     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 488     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
based on what little i've seen/heard so far, i'm incredibly despondent. i'm very, very tempted at this point to just say fuck it: toronto will get the mayor it deserves.

I've already had to turn it off. I can't handle that much stupid.

Anyone watching this debate? RoFo's entrance...WTF is this, wrestling????

I've noticed the entire Ford campaign has been much more "wrestling" than every before. The Jerry Springer type over-the-top cheering/booing, the confrontations. He really brought an ugly cloud into politics that I haven't seen before.

A thing that amazes me is how Ford nation loves being figuratively slapped in the face by him. For his bobblehead signings he comes always late either out of disrespect for his "fans" or just to make the line look long. Reminds me also of his Ford fest hotdog giveaway, instead of having four people giving out hotdogs so it can go quicker. He has a single person giving it and have the line be a single-file line so it can look longer. Who cares if people are waiting for over an hour to get a measly hotdog. It's all about visual optics of support, so no surprise he would do a stunt like tonight. His fan base has no self-respect for themselves so why should he have any for them.

Ford keeps claiming threats against him, and has cops come in because of it. But the only threat I can confirm is the video of Ford threatening somebody with death, there's actually a video of that and there's nothing vague about it. Any followup on that. Is there an investigation into that? Or the vague threat about a security guy better "watch out" do we have a follow up of that. I mean he does hang out with known shady people, what possible reason to not follow up on the threats. Oh I forget "men of influence" again, they are allowed to do whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back