329     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 483     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford should have been gone a long time ago, but there was no way of removing him. What penalties would be enacted?

Recall is done by voters = constant campaigning and pain in the ass for everyone. Legislated penalties could include judicial or ministerial removal from office.

As Ford himself said on the floor of Council on Tuesday or Wednesday, (I paraphrase) "I drive along the Gardiner all the time, all I see are a wall of condos, I don't see anything that Waterfront Toronto is doing". He's lying or clueless. Or both.

A lot of people here have commented more than once that he takes Dundas to go to work so I don't know when he's driving on the Gardiner. If it's just when he's coming home from Muzik, then he won't see Sugar Beach because
1) it's quite a bit east of Exhibition Place
2) it's dark
3) he's too drunk & cracked out of his brain to know what he's looking at :p

Signed Iola??

kristynwongtam 5:46pm via TweetDeck
Received a letter from Ward32 resident "To Kristyn of LGBT" calling me "racist' toward straight folks. http://pic.twitter.com/hyo8AVTNPA

Too crazy. Too pathetic.

I will enjoy seeing RoFo booted fairly resoundingly from office in October. But I wonder if there will be a violent backlash by the likes of this letter-writer once the results are out, on that night. Could be just awful.

Cynthia Mulligan ‏@CityCynthia 27m

Lots of police officers here at mayoralty debate - candidates were told they'd be here to keep order #topoli

What a horrible letter and it has to be Iola's.

rob ford's intolerance and hate is directly responsible for giving other people license to act out like this. Period.

Who writes in all caps anyways?

angry raceists who are thee silent butt deadly majority. not morans.

ETA: Iola's comment "we are the silent majority" got me in the tinfoil hat. Just like "the truth is out there" or other crop-circle conspiracy theories, it seems there is always a silent majority who really agrees with the craziest or most offensive ideas of the day. OTOH maybe I'm crazy for assuming other people believe in driving on their own side of the road, gravity or that killing people is wrong. There but for the grace of somebody else's god go I...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back