4.8K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 444     4 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 549     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, and it's terrible. He got a fence fixed once - that's his lasting legacy to Ward 2. He arranged to have a fence fixed. Otherwise, he hasn't spearheaded anything for Ward 2 and consistently votes against grants that would actually help the ward.

It's one of the major things that spurred Andray Domise to run in that ward.

*disclosure: I'm working on Andray's campaign.

To be fair, he NIMBY'd the hell out of the Griffin Centre. I assume at least one Ward 2 constituent pushed the issue to Doug's desk, I doubt he's that tapped into the local community to have taken it up on his own initiative.

these...

BnMqHzJCAAASRYF.jpg
BoGZhnNIUAAweWy.jpg

were actually pretty accurate.

Attachments

• BnMqHzJCAAASRYF.jpg
    BnMqHzJCAAASRYF.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 733
  • BoGZhnNIUAAweWy.jpg
    BoGZhnNIUAAweWy.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 731
Even by the dismal standards of the Fords, Doug has been unbelievable today. And lunch break just started, there's an afternoon yet to go!

While ranting about Rofo's violation of code of conduct report, he sarcastically accused Frances Nunziata of not being able to understand English; moments later, he told Maria Augimeri to sit down and be quiet.

And this is just a tiny snippet from the colossal amount of thuggery Doug put on display in council chambers.

DF.jpg

https://twitter.com/lizchurchto

Attachments

• DF.jpg
    DF.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 799
Last edited:
Agreed, though I highly doubt drugs and alcohol were the only activities engaged in during their late night rendezvous. McRobb is obviously, inexplicably, smitten.

It's possible that McRobb picked up in Toronto, but don't forget, she has her own local sources. You may recall this incident from a previous Star article:

Patrick Corrigan, who was visiting the area over the weekend, said he saw the mayor and a woman with “orangey hair†driving in Gravenhurst on Sunday.
Corrigan, a former Star cartoonist, said he saw the car turn into the entrance of the Marriott Hotel in town.
“They sit there five minutes, she jumps into hotel then returns in a bit leans in waves goodbye as Ford, now driving, heads off and back up northbound on 169. He never left vehicle so must have slid across seats to drive,â€

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._links_to_ford_pique_residents_curiosity.html

She was with Lisi when she picked up the Escalade in Etobicoke (and reportedly seemed under the influence).

During Doug's rant it looked as though one of Rob Ford's staffers was on the phone and was trying to get Nunziata's attention. I swear I heard the staffer say the word "mayor", maybe "it's the mayor" but Nunziata brushed her away.
One of the councilors asked if it was appropriate for RoFo's staffer to be there talking to the Speaker. Nunziata said it wasn't appropriate and she had brushed the person off.

I guess DoFo had no choice but to retract his statement otherwise that's a lost vote on the RoFo side of the motion.

So if, according to DoFo, councilors aren't allowed to change their minds, what the point of the questions and speeches before the vote. I have actually heard councilors say, I was going to vote one way, but after listening to the arguments, I have changed my mind.

Just throwing this out there - Re discussions around the Rob Ford money mart visits - if RoFo was the one responsible for LeeAnne's car damage, it's possible he paid for the repairs using cash. No paper trail.

I'm disappointed that someone in Council didn't start a chant of "Shame!" when rob ford wouldn't stand for the Pride awards. Makes some damn news that can be proven, on video for goodness sake. No, I'm friggen' angry.

Why hasn't the Star picked up on this fabulous piece of dirt? Or perhaps that's their next bombshell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back