News   Jul 18, 2024
 498     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he said he is perfect in public!

AoD

Perfect ass.

Ooops, forgot about jihad, I bet that's got something to do with little red apples too.

Well... the apple is the "seed of discord", famously from the Garden of Eden... and the imagery of jihad (although improperly used) during the fourth of July and Ramadan period. The whole IS/ISIS situation in Iraq is just icing for his implications of "terrorism".

I guess being Kuwait was not good enough.

Last edited:
wow thank god i am not listening to this in person, and am only following it on twitter.

Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth 21s
FORD: If I get 100% SUPPORT (on elxn day) I'll run down the street NAKED...#TOpoli

Only brutal dictators get 100% support, is that what Ford is campaigning to be?

He doesn't trust himself but we should trust him. Right.

"I'm a lying, conniving and manipulative alcoholic. I can't promise you that I won't relapse, and I won't even promise to tell you when I slip up, but you just need to trust me"
~ Rob Ford (paraphrased from comments he's made over this week)

I remember Tommy from years ago. He was a hard-working decent man.

More from Mr. Lenathen in the Star:

This is a dad with an autistic son speaking up about this moron upstairs. When Doug says something like this, it reminds me of that part of the horse’s anatomy you’ll find directly under the tail. That’s a polite way of calling him a horse’s ass. You can quote me on that one,” he says.
“What is this about – ‘jihad?’ I’m a dad looking after the rights of my autistic son and all the other kids like him. ‘Jihad’? I’m not a member of any terrorist organization.
“It’s a typical Doug Ford response. They seem to think they’re above the law down here. I went through the proper process of a complaint. He’s not only telling me to go to hell, he’s telling every parent of an autistic kid in this town to go to hell. He’s telling the commissioner’s office to go to hell. I just can’t believe it. But I expect it from Doug Ford.”

Yes, also, "Recognizing his brother’s flagging powers, Councillor Doug Ford drew public ridicule last year for suggesting Toronto should bring itself more in line with the American strong-mayor system by giving the mayor a veto over council votes. His brother should be able to quash council decisions that conflict with his agenda in order to get things done more efficiently, Councillor Ford said, drawing instant scorn from critics who likened the concept to a “dictatorship.”
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/1...ises-question-does-toronto-even-need-a-mayor/

So what happens to Doug on the 28th?

My apologies if this theory's been posted before, but I don't remember seeing it.

Does Doug go back to running Deco? Not likely!

Doug gets hired by Rob as his Chief of Staff. He gets paid more than he did as a councillor. He gets to work behind the scenes making all the back room deals, while Rob gets to be the ribbon cutting clown at the opening of a Chuckee Cheese. Rob will falls off the wagon when all the sobriety support ends. But Hey! No problem! Brother Doug will fill in for him! They can get so much more accomplished if they work out of the same office. Doug already talks about it like he's part Mayor: OUR policies, OUR Plan, WE are doing great...

Doug Ford is your next Mayor.

Suggested a long time ago - one problem - Doug polls even lower than Rob, and doesn't have that "natural charm" around people (what little left of it there is).

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back