155     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 962     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4.1K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bizarre, all this hype leading up to an entitled, overgrown spoiled brat "addressing" the media after a two month vacation. What's he going to say that's actually worth reporting?

Jesus, all these media assholes attending to him like the stenographers they are, just in case he does/says something outrageous. Your average sitcom has more dignity.

I want to call out everyone who went in. I am disappointed in the TO media yet again. They could have all stood together in solidarity. If no one cow-towed to RF, it would have forced him to come out of his ivory tower to speak to them.

There's still the possibility there will be an organized mass walk-out as soon as Ford comes in ....but I doubt it.

It's a tough situation, really. I think personally, they should all walk out. They should wait for Ford. Push the button on the cameras and go out and listen to it on the feed with everyone else. But it's easier said than done from over here, I have to acknowledge. Yeah, they could stand in "solidarity" but when your job is to be there, it's hard for a bunch of competitors (they're colleagues, but competitive colleagues) to pull that off. You don't want to have 5 outlets agree and leave be absent when everyone else stays so it's a bit of all or nothing.

The best they can do is make sure that the exclusion is the main story, not whatever crap he's going to spin, unopposed to a selected audience. They don't have to be glorified stenographers. Maybe that will play into his narrative, for the deluded who think this is and has always been about the media being out to get him. But they have to make sure it's part of a NOTHING HAS CHANGED narrative, that for all his 20-minute speechifying about being a new man, his ACTIONS (which, of course, speak louder than words, says Ford!) show that it hasn't. That's your lead, Toronto media. Salvage some dignity here.

I want to call out everyone who went in. I am disappointed in the TO media yet again. They could have all stood together in solidarity. If no one cow-towed to RF, it would have forced him to come out of his ivory tower to speak to them.

I've been thinking the same thing this afternoon, watching this play out. Up until now, I have fully understood why the media feel that they have to follow him around 24/7, but this is ridiculous, after two months of relative calm at CH. They're just playing into this "Rob Ford as rockstar" bs. This is exactly what he/Doug wanted.

It's a good thing Ford isn't taking questions because if he had been asked who his World Cup pick was, I'd lose my shit and take off for rehab for a couple of months.

I have a what-if question: Suppose Rob Ford stays clean (or at least doesn't get caught with booze/drugs) until Oct. 27 and gets re-elected thanks to a modest uptick in support for "sober Rob" and lucky vote split. How do you think a new council would react if more booze/drugs videos started turning up in his second term?

I have a what-if question: Suppose Rob Ford stays clean (or at least doesn't get caught with booze/drugs) until Oct. 27 and gets re-elected thanks to a modest uptick in support for "sober Rob" and lucky vote split. How do you think a new council would react if more booze/drugs videos started turning up in his second term?

There is absolutely no way he is going to win.
To be honest, I don't think he is going to make it until Oct.

There is absolutely no way he is going to win.
To be honest, I don't think he is going to make it until Oct.

I'm pretty sure your right, and I really hope he doesn't make it to October. Rob's chances are slim at best, but I'm not taking anything for granted until it's over.

I can tell by his tone of voice, nothing has changed. Hold on for the ride to October. Who said he was going to cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back