5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 705     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping Ford Nation alive (on life support)

annhui 5:13pm via Vine - Make a Scene
At the Ford campaign office for mayor's bday party. There are maybe 20 supporters here, tops.

This reminds me of that one time...

kirkcameronbirthdaypart.jpg

Attachments

• kirkcameronbirthdaypart.jpg
    kirkcameronbirthdaypart.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 954
Last edited:
  • Oh, deer
  • The Cupertino Effect
  • enough room lie down beside the machines!
  • nobody told us they'd be leaving the factory.
  • Not enough bandwiidth in the world...
  • I would pay $30 to watch a live feed of the FoFam on election night

i love you guys <3

Mentally Photoshopping that cake with the four corners marked instead by a crack pipe, an iPhone, stack of manila envelopes and a vodka bottle. ;->

Last edited:
Even a bit better still meant that drop out rates at the primary school level were high by today's standards. (It is quite plausible that he dropped out, but, as I've said, the idea that he dropped out for some sort of noble reason most likely is just part of the Ford family BS hagiography of The Blessed Doug Sr.)

A note on Doug Sr’s possible family history during the 1930s:

My parents grew up in North Bay during the 1930s, and the highest level of paid public education was Grade 8. Most graduates were 14 years old. To go to any high school, fees were payable. My mother, for example, made it to the end of Grade 10 before finances sent her to work. (She ended up in NYC before she found any, but that’s another story.)

My father’s Dad had to go where the work was, returning home every few weeks, and his elder brother got a 12-hour-a-day job. To make ends meet, his mother turned the family rental into a boarding house. As a result, my father was absent from primary school for *two years*, as he worked alongside his mother, chopping wood, peeling potatoes, babysitting the 5 younger children, driving a horse and wagon, and running interference between itinerant boarders attempting to have sex with my grandmother. He ended up returning to school at age 12, having to catch everything up before sitting final exams to pass Grade 8.

Long story short, I can believe Doug Sr leaving primary school to help his family, even as the youngest, although he almost certainly wouldn’t have been doing it by himself.

Not dissimilar to the Deco and Herriott embellishment, IMHO.

Someone has a sense of humour:

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags · 16m
Band just started playing Amy Winehouse's Rehab at John Tory's birthday party.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat
Why isn't Mayor Rob Ford appearing by Skype at his campaign birthday party? Doug Ford goes on @CP24 and blames the media #TOpoli

They told me to skype from rehab
and I said, "no, no, no"

Doug always looks angry and like he wants to be somewhere else.

Long story short, I can believe Doug Sr leaving primary school to help his family, even as the youngest, although he almost certainly wouldn’t have been doing it by himself. Not dissimilar to the Deco and Herriott embellishment, IMHO.

I think that you have it exactly (including the embellishment part). My parents each came from families of 7 kids. On one side all of them finished high school. Their father was a career army NCO based in New Brunswick and their mother was a 'housewife'. On the other side, a minority of them (including my father) did but the majority of them did not. Their father was a CNR conductor who was killed in a head-on train collision when their mother was pregnant with the youngest of them - she went on to survive by running a rooming house in one of the poorest parts of Montreal. So, yes, I think it has the ring of truth that Doug Sr. dropped out of primary school at age 10 or 11; what does not have the ring of truth is that he did so as some kind of savior of his family - that smacks of Ford family myth-making, based on extrapolating, falsely, backwards from his later success with Deco.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back