2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 709     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
fordspread.jpg

https://twitter.com/Avaline_Darling/status/471836608371519488

This is the food offerings at the Rob Ford birthday party; chips and crackers. Pair this with the sports themed birthday cake and once again it appears like Rob is an 8 year old boy. No sophistication at all.

Attachments

• fordspread.jpg
    fordspread.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 780
No change at Edenbridge, still just the CR-V in the driveway. Where is Renata? Where is the Ford Escape? (for that matter, where is Rob's car?)

I peeked into Mama Fo's street for the first time today, and saw Randy. Gosh, he does always wear that hat, doesn't he? He was unloading his white Escalade. That street dead ends quicker than I thought, so you feel quite conspicuous, and the neighbours were out, too. All wondering what I'm doing in there street, no doubt. I took a pic of my rearview mirror after I turned my car around.
am7dQCi.jpg

Above and beyond, Kat! You are my hero :)

Another night out. Standing at the bar with a woman with her face blacked out. Good times.

BoxSleBIcAALd3f.jpg

Attachments

• BoxSleBIcAALd3f.jpg
    BoxSleBIcAALd3f.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 778
BenSpurr 10:44pm via Twitter for iPhone
If that tweet is to believed the mayor is in a bar tonight. Hard to imagine a rehab program that would allow that under any circumstances.

BenSpurr 10:44pm via Twitter for iPhone
If that tweet is to believed the mayor is in a bar tonight. Hard to imagine a rehab program that would allow that under any circumstances.

That's what I was going to say. I don't care if he's sober and if he's actually drinking orange juice. It's unfathomable a legit rehab program would let him be in a bar at this point. First the aborted Skype and now this....it never stops getting weirder.

jessehawken 11:02pm via Twitter for iPad
"You must confront your demons, Rob. Your demons have reserved a table for you at Crabby Joe's"

Crabby Joe's in Bracebridge is a 45 minute drive from rehab at least according to Google Maps. Why would you drive all that way to eat mid-range-at-best food and drink orange juice? You have to drive through Gravenhurst to get there even. But.. Isn't Rob Ford's cottage on Fawn Lake? Well thats only a 19 minute drive away from Bracebridge..

I've never heard of them requiring tuition for secondary school in Ontario, but maybe the northern location made that necessary (?) In cities, Windsor's my reference, secondary school was free (both my grandmother and mother attended the same secondary school roughly 22 years apart) and I'd assume the same in Toronto. I know lack of resources still force some First Nations youths into cities to get secondary education.

My grandmother is from just north of Sudbury, born in 1927. She only went to grade 8 too, then went out to work as a domestic. This was not considered at all unusual at the time. And I think in some Alice Munro stories set in the same period there is talk of having to pay to go to high school, or win scholarships. So, this part of the story seems to me like it could be legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back