4.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 684     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now is the time to focus your anger and revulsion. Reach out and touch every news outlet, your councillors, and if you're so inclined...every client of Deco. The G&M story is a clear case of influence peddling and corruption...does it extend into other sweetheart deals for deco clients?

Never mind Rob, how about Douggie on this one. The only connection to Apollo is that they do business, they are not in his riding, he shouldn't be involved AT ALL.
View attachment 26252

This photo reminded me of another photo.

ford-apollo-windsor.jpg

The phrase "rotten through and through" doesn't even cover Team Ford. Corrupt from tip to tail.

We can do better.

Please pay close attention to your ward council races! A strong Council full of decent human beings is the best and surest way to prevent a repeat of the Fordocracy.

Attachments

• ford-apollo-windsor.jpg
    ford-apollo-windsor.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 858
http://www.apollocorp.com/pro.html

While you are pondering whether to boycot these products, take note of the "best managed companies" award (as in: omit to look into an obvious and critical issue before opening a new plant and then blame bureaucrats from a city you do not have a plant in yet at the time for not warning you about an issue that is obvious and critical to your business).

Last edited:
Take a look. Whether you agree with all of her theses or not, it is well written, which is a pleasure in itself.

http://heatheremme.wordpress.com/2014/05/11/defending-or-at-least-explaining-ford-nation/

Another suggestions for those who are interested: I recently picked up a book by Joe Bageant called "Deerhunting With Jesus." It's about why the Republican party continues to dominate the impoverished, redneck small towns of the southern U.S., despite all the damage the GOP does to these communities. Bageant is from this stock, and his book is framed as a return to his roots to ask big questions. Interesting stuff all round, and very relevant to liberal/conservative debate here (including the Ford Nation phenomenon). Charles LeDuff has some fans on this thread. If you liked "Detroit: An Autopsy," you'll like "Deerhunting," although it's more a series of colourful essays than a narrative.

Could the Fords be charged with influence peddling or something of that nature for this Apollo stuff? Like if Apollo said we'll give you more business if you help us out with regulatory roadblocks.

Um, it's Monday. With the Globe story, are we also going to get any insight on these Project Traveller connections? The ITO details? Haven't seen anything.

I agree with Cooper, which makes me question how the hell Deco has "flourished" while having the 3 stooges running the place. It defies logic.
There has to be a lot of monkey business going on, the Ford boys would have trouble organizing a sock drawer FFS.

This has also been bugging me forever. The only conclusion I can come to is the second bold part. Anxiously waiting for all this to unfold.

Perhaps it is time for a random tax audit on Deco.

There would need to be direct evidence of a quid pro quo for any charges and absent wiretaps or affidavits I very much doubt there's that. That's why you have integrity commissioners and rules about conflicts of interests, because petty corruption often doesn't rise to the level of a chargeable criminal offence.

I am strongly of the opinion that the Fords need to be booted out of office by the electorate. I hope they get charged with whatever's coming to them too, but the electorate is the only body that the great whining titty-ass criminal man-baby-gangsters can't actually accuse of playing politics with them.

VTB:

The suggestion that Deco is a front for "other activities" isn't so farfetched now as it sounded before.

AoD

This. These criminally minded brothers have never changed their spots. They grew up entitled, protected by lawyers/cops. Rob as mayor was a way to shore up their interests on both sides of the law. Surprised that they didn't know little brother was a ticking time bomb.

Could the Fords be charged with influence peddling or something of that nature for this Apollo stuff? Like if Apollo said we'll give you more business if you help us out with regulatory roadblocks.

That's certainly a different kind of damning than drug and gang charges. Geez, is there an area of wrongdoing his worship wouldn't touch?

AoD

It'll be difficult to prove. Any quid pro quo arrangement SHOULD have been made verbally and in person (like not over the phone or email or whatever else). That is a normal precaution to ensure it is untraceable and unprovable.

But we're dealing with the Ford bros. So, who knows, they might be stupid enough to have this in writing.

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.06.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.06.45 AM.jpg

And that's the crux of the issue, Doug sees no problem with what they did, because like Rob, he hasn't actually read anything that describes the ethics of his job. Someone needs to ask him directly what business he had being at any of these meetings since they aren't constituents.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.06.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.06.58 AM.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 891
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.06.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.06.45 AM.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 899

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.15.11 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.15.11 AM.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 778
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.15.29 AM.jpg