429     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 939     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, any guesses as to what Doug is going to release today that will prove Robbie has been in rehab for the entire time as he says?

I can't think of anything that Doug could put out that would satisfy me wrt Rob being in Rehab all this time.
Whatever he does put out is going to be weak, it's going to be backed up by ambiguities and it's going to leave 1,000 more questions than it answers.
Short of a statement from the head of a reputable rehab facility, I'm probably not going to believe it.

To that point, Doug shouldn't name the location, and if he does he's an a-hole. The privacy of other patients needs to be maintained. You just know if it came out that Rob was staying at 'xyz', every other patient at 'xyz' along with their families and friends would be mobbed by the media underbelly for an inside scoop.

For others here, what COULD Doug put out there that would prove to you that Rob has been in rehab?

IIRC nodding is referring to the actions of a heavy user of anything, they start to "nod off", but I might be mistaken, I'm not perfect.

I've heard that usage before, especially in relation to heroin. I've also heard people say they're "nodding" because they're tired and ready to sleep. Or that something was boring, eg. "I nodded through the whole thing." My guess is that Rob is saying he's ready for bed. Just sayin'

Off the rehab topic, but if the hints are true that Renata is divorcing Rob, I sincerely hope, in my tiny black heart, that she held out until the middle of the election campaign period to mess up his game even more.

She was just on again (10:40), no mention of seeing the video this time but she said "it's been just about a month since the Mayor left for rehab" (paraphrasing), so I think she's just talking sh*t off the top of her head.
Would she not even realise that if it had been a month, rofo would be finished his "rehab"?

I can't think of anything that Doug could put out that would satisfy me wrt Rob being in Rehab all this time.
Whatever he does put out is going to be weak, it's going to be backed up by ambiguities and it's going to leave 1,000 more questions than it answers.
Short of a statement from the head of a reputable rehab facility, I'm probably not going to believe it.

To that point, Doug shouldn't name the location, and if he does he's an a-hole. The privacy of other patients needs to be maintained. You just know if it came out that Rob was staying at 'xyz', every other patient at 'xyz' along with their families and friends would be mobbed by the media underbelly for an inside scoop.

For others here, what COULD Doug put out there that would prove to you that Rob has been in rehab?

Even if that question is satisfied it comes a year too late. Their entire crisis control has ben astoundingly horrific. It is the equivalent of announcing on the public address system, "spill on aisle 9" only to discover that aisle 9 just had an airliner crash into it....

I've supported the privacy angle, but it's becoming a thing now. Surprise. Doug has helped fan it too, so he can partly blame himself. In any event, I think a confidential written communication between the treatment facility that RoFo is in and the City Solicitor, HR or The City Manager - and then one of those trusted sources issues a media statement simply confirming that they have been in communication with the facility and they are satisfied that the "mayor" is indeed in treatment. No other disclosure. End of story.

I've supported the privacy angle, but it's becoming a thing now. Surprise. Doug has helped fan it too, so he can partly blame himself. In any event, I think a confidential written communication between the treatment facility that RoFo is in and the City Solicitor, HR or The City Manager - and then one of those trusted sources issues a media statement simply confirming that they have been in communication with the facility and they are satisfied that the "mayor" is indeed in treatment. No other disclosure. End of story.

I agree. I'm constantly amazed by the Ford camp's unwillingness/inability to do things the easy way.

...In any event, I think a confidential written communication between the treatment facility that RoFo is in and the City Solicitor, HR or The City Manager - and then one of those trusted sources issues a media statement simply confirming that they have been in communication with the facility and they are satisfied that the "mayor" is indeed in treatment. No other disclosure. End of story.

You know what? You're right - that would actually work for me…yet the skeptic in me has the odds of it playing out this way at 1000/1

reporterdonpeat 11:16am via Web
"You guys have to hang in there" Doug Ford on when today's statement proving Mayor Rob Ford is in rehab will come out.

Maybe Sandro bumps into the owner while he's out shopping for groceries..
"That part of town could really be feeling some heat this summer..."

"you see the heat, bro? You see the heat on Timmy's, bro? It is going to get worse and worse. The whole place is going to get heated up all summer like a toasted sesame bagel, bro!" :p

reporterdonpeat: "Basically, I want someone else to qualify that Rob has been there 24/7 since the day we said it" Doug Ford on proof coming today #TOpoli

So he is going with the 'someone else' angle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back