2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pud99, that time is for Seattle, not Toronto. If you're in Toronto and have signed into your account, then you have to change your time zone from Pacific to Eastern. If you're browsing without being logged in, all tweets will be displayed in Pacific time.

Got it. Thank you.

Bending over backwards to be fair, the tweet was at 8:45 AM, not 9 AM. So MAYBE he could have made it leaving at 9:10 or 9:15. I still think he's lying, but the driving time squeaks into the realm of possible / not illegal.

You still have to build in the costume changes. Of course, it's conceivable Doug was wearing his brown suit under the sweat pants and blue jays sweater which he (allegedly) put on in the Timmy's washroom. So Doug did the Superman thing in the city hall parking garage, ripped off the sweats, combed his porcupine hair, straightened his tie, and made it into chambers in the blink of an eye. Yup, it's possible.

And ripped off the latex mask, obviously.

Edit -- probably looked something like this, but fatter and sweatier.

1397157406_1397089807_tumblr_n3r7pe0mo51s2yegdo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Roaming apply to cellular data, not calls. Those are charged extra if long distance.

Again, my point was not the fees, it was questioning the assertion that if Ford is outside of the 416 area then one would have to add "1" in order to call his 416 cell number. I just do not think that is so; unless I am off, the fact that you can call his cell by dialing only 416 tells you nothing at all about where in the world his cell phone is.

Last edited:
I suggest - in order to avoid an information repeat "loop" that is you log in to this thread after not reading it for a few hours to read it "back to front"....

I'm blushing, because I have done exactly that innumerable times but for some reason I leapt in today.

In the movie version, every time RoFo talks to someone like DMW or Warmington on the phone from the basement where he's holed up, there's a gun to his head.

And the Star-reported Bieberopalypse at Muzik is one long bravura steadicam take, like the opening of 'Goodfellas'. Like 15 minutes long (except painful to watch).

I suggest - in order to avoid an information repeat "loop" that is you log in to this thread after not reading it for a few hours to read it "back to front"....

Even more amazing is replying to the latest post just after refreshing the thread, and by the time your reply hits the screen, there are eight posts ahead of your reply. It's a fast-moving river!

Edit: Just happened with pattycakes...

I'd be inclined to believe that it was Doug and the young girl just got the two Fords confused. Only because I just can't fathom how freely and terribly these idiots lie so that is more palatable to me.

Why? Because she's young? Because she's a girl? Because she's less credible than Doug Ford?

However, factor in the corroboration and the track suit detail and she's clearly telling the truth and is correct. Why is Douggie doubling down on this? If it comes back to bite him he can't just say "I didn't know Rob had escaped" He's making himself accountable for the lie. I guess he's brazen enough to just say "Well, I was there too before Rob"

God, trying to rationalize these idiots is exhausting.

Yep.

Look, it's pretty simple. Doug went for coffee at Tim's wearing a black suit where he was mistaken by two employees and a passer-by for Rob, while spending 15 minutes handing out T-shirts and posing for photos which however no-one posted anywhere. He then did NOT change into grey sweatpants although the girl thought he (or rather, Rob) did, but he did go home and change into a brown suit before heading to City Hall.

Anything else?

Thanks for this. I needed the laugh! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back