425     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 933     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMW is the one who asked Rob "the right question" in council, that being , "have you paid for illegal drugs?" Leading to the famous Jeopardy-like seconds of silence from Rob. Since when has DMW gone back to being a Ford pal?

He's not, he's just a dumb tool.

I don't understand why any councillor engages in anything with the Fords. Mammo is a tool, Nunziata is a buffoon, Minnan-Wong has no reason to have anything to do with them so why even get involved? It doesn't do him any good.

The odd appearance at City Hall by Sam Tarasco and Ben Johnson is explained here: https://soundcloud.com/taggart-and-torrens/taggart-and-torrens-episode-7 (at the 7:10 mark)
Basically, the purpose of their visit was for Tarasco to pitch an idea for a video where Rob Ford and Ben Johnson race each other. At one point during the meeting Ford said "You wanna see something? Check this out" and he brings them both out in front of the media to announce that they're part of his campaign team. Not planned at all.

I don't understand why any councillor engages in anything with the Fords. Mammo is a tool, Nunziata is a buffoon, Minnan-Wong has no reason to have anything to do with them so why even get involved? It doesn't do him any good.

It makes no sense to me either. There's something going on.

I disagree. I think in addition to crack, Rob is a serious alcoholic. The pics of Rob holding his cup with two hands are indicative of him having to control his shakes. Crack is a much easier habit to break than booze. I've had family members with similar alcohol problems to the ones that Ford apparently has, and to me he shows all the signs of a serious alcohol problem. If he's getting the shakes from alcohol withdrawal, then I'd say he needs a medical detox.

I agree 100%. I have been through this with more than one very close family member. I think medical detox would be required given the signs I have seen of the level of his addiction, including the shakes that you mention. And another reason I am starting to doubt that he is in rehab is that it is often not the first day or two when the medical risks, such as seizures, are the highest, but in the first week after the first couple of days. You are NOT working out and happily chatting on the phone with colleagues at that point. You can barely eat. When one family member left after 2 days in the hospital, he was required to sign a death waiver.

Would you vote for Doug Ford if he ran to be Mayor of Toronto? At the top of the CTV news broadcast at 6pm, 72% said yes. It's gone down in the past 50 minutes. http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/

View attachment 25782[/QUOTE]

Pud and Everyone: I learned of Rob Ford being MIA this afternoon (Tuesday May 6th) watching NYC's ABC-7 Eyewitness News
and I figured that UT would have a handle on what may have happened to RF...Getting turned away from entering the US would
not surprise me - or perhaps voluntarily declining entry - but in this case hopefully RF is safe and sound - getting the help that
he needs in a secure rehabilitation facility...I realize that the conspiracy theories are starting to appear and I wonder if RF has
decided to go into hiding in some form...He needs respite from the "fishbowl" life that he has in which everything he does good
or bad is under some kind of scrutiny - I feel that has messed up his mind and psyche to a large extent...

Right now I keep thinking of Rockapella singing "Where in the World is Rob Ford?" (The "Carmen Sandiego" theme song)

LI MIKE

Last edited:
It was bad enough when we were known as the city with the crack-smoking mayor. Now we're the city that misplaced the crack-smoking mayor.

It's a good thing if slug runs for mayor.

Then the press has open rein to dig into his drug dealing past. The public must know what kind of mayor a candidate could be, based on their past!

Does anyone know if council excused the mayor's absence at today's meeting and what was the breakdown of the votes on the motion?

It's a good thing if slug runs for mayor.

Then the press has open rein to dig into his drug dealing past. The public must know what kind of mayor a candidate could be, based on their past!

Plus Doug has none of Rob's aura of naive bumbling innocence -- he comes across as far more mean and angry.

My daughter works in the substance abuse field and told me that sudden withdrawal from heavy use of alcohol can kill you. Rob is pounding back mickeys on a daily basis, so he would need 72 hours detox for the booze. Withdrawal from drugs on the other hand, won't kill you, it just feels like you want to die.

Depends on the person, I drank 10-20 drinks a day everyday for 8 years and didn't need a medical detox.

I always thought it sounded strange when they introduced themselves on their Ford Nation YouTube thing as "Mayor Rob Ford and Doug Ford". Just the way they said it. It's as if Doug was ashamed of the whole 'Councillor' label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back