120     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 969     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 881     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. I forgot that Guelph is a university town. Such as nice town that I actually considered retiring there at one point.

Changed my mind however and decided to go down with RMS Ford.

Guelph was a little too sleepy for me. It was however, a great transitionary town for a guy who grew up in rural Orangeville and ultimately wanted to live in downtown Toronto (which I now do). It's a great place to visit in the summer, and I recommend a visit to Riverside park (well, really, any of the numerous parks along the Speed and Eramosa rivers). Also a great town for Art and live music. Though, to be fair, the late-night post-drinking eats haven't been the same since Mega Pizza closed down. :p

From local legend, apparently Liz Taylor, Elvis and Marilyn Monroe spent time there, but no confirmation of any of that was ever made officially of course.

Well at least those celebrity clients turned out well. Oh wait.

I think there should be a class action suit from the public to any news origination that quotes Doug without the warning saying "Ford is a compulsive liar, who has lied about everything". Seriously anybody who's passing any word the Ford says as "confirmation" of anything is just as dishonest as the Ford's

Cynthia Mulligan tweets "So far every cllr I've asked say they would support extending #MayorFord leave of absence so he would not have to vacate his seat" - Good god does council have no backbone. Even when Ford leaves they change the rules to appease him

Cynthia Mulligan tweets "So far every cllr I've asked say they would support extending #MayorFord leave of absence so he would not have to vacate his seat" - Good god does council have no backbone. Even when Ford leaves they change the rules to appease him

They are the ones who encouraged him to take time off for treatment. If he is indeed under medical supervision, not only would it be hypocritical, it would likely be impossible to fire him.

In fairness, they're not changing the rules. The rule is that you're out of if you miss 3 meetings UNLESS council excuses you. They do that all the time. As much as we want the guy gone, kicking him out while he is (ostensibly) in rehab plays right into his victim narrative, especially if he somehow comes back in Aug/Sept, clean and sober. There's really nothing to be gained from ousting him at this point.

Well the advantage of excusing his absences is that he may stay away longer. Also, nobody wants to do something that could be seem as getting in the way of Rob getting treatment for as long as he needs it.

So you believe he's in Guelph?

Someone tweeted that the Flightexec charter returned to Buttonville without stopping in Hamilton. Divert and confuse......evasion tactics maybe?

Theres something else going on here!

https://twitter.com/hocktweets/status/463722671419949056

Last edited:

Not a change of rules - the rules allow for council to extend.

But yeah, that is how you play the pitty me the bully game: roll on the floor bawling knowing that basic decency will mean that they won't dare kick you.

Last edited:
P.S. Oddest addiction I saw there was to Nasal spray.

Doesn't surprise me. Medicated nasal spray has terribly addictive qualities and it's very easy to get stuck in a cycle with it - the nasal spray "rebound effect" is very real. Use it sparingly, folks, and use saline spray instead if you can.

Why has the speaker not asked him to sit in his own chair? Because she's a member of Ford Nation?

Frances Nunziata is one of the worst people on Council. She's useless and completely in the tank for the Fords. She is repulsive. That's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back