591     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2.1K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 686     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends say the death of Robs friend Mike Gonet in 2012 led to Fords drug use worsening. Think the guy overdosed. Diane Ford is now dating Gonets dad Walter, who's a retired judge.
So did Doolittle have it wrong? Or was it an accumulative thing? I.e.: first dad + friend = garbage can addict.

newearthling, during the 2012 radio show, Diane, Doug and Rob spoke about Robyn Doolittle asking questions at the time of Michael Gonet's death. She'd know where it fits into the spiral. She's written about how Ford's performance improved after the election, then took another hit. She has not written about Gonet's death (or at least, nothing's been published).

"He was like a father to me." Bet on it.

Yup

You have to figure that with the news of Flaherty's death, a meltdown is around the corner.

It's sad that this was my first thought.

And my second one was that perhaps the family link was way overblown by the Ford's. But his seeming inability to deal with death certainly leafs one to speculate. We don't have to look further than the foggy dew incident to see that even deaths that seem somewhat removed lead him to a spiral. I can't imagine he has processed his father's death yet.

newearthling, during the 2012 radio show, Diane, Doug and Rob spoke about Robyn Doolittle asking questions at the time of Michael Gonet's death. She'd know where it fits into the spiral. She's written about how Ford's performance improved after the election, then took another hit. She has not written about Gonet's death (or at least, nothing's been published).
That is interesting. Thanks!

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 49m
Mayor Rob Ford says he can never thank Jim Flaherty enough.
Ford's voice is shaking #TOpoli pic.twitter.com/7hPA7p9SVa
Edit: Bender in 3...2...1..

Last edited:
Right on cue

News Alert
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford: Flaherty was a loyal family friend
This breaking story will appear soon at http://www.cbcnews.ca

Oh, and CBC, is this REALLY a breaking story? Yes, Flaherty's death was but Ford saying he was a friend? Stop giving this man air time.

Wishful thinking time:

Perhaps Ford uses the passing of a close family friend as a reason to gracefully withdraw from the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back