347     4 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 760     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to last night's speculation about a search warrant being carried out. An old pro told me that search warrants and arrests are almost always carried out just before dawn.

That is my understanding as well, having many friends in LE. Catch them off guard and likely in bed, with little time to react.

I don't count myself as a MetroMan skeptic, but I think he jumped the gun on his tweets last night. He knows people are hanging on his every word. I wish he would wait a little for confirmation of something concrete when it comes to things like "rumors are police are executing a search warrant" or similar inferences as opposed to trying to be the first horse out of the gate.

I think much of what he says has kernels of truth, however he does nothing but damage his own credibility with the kind of tweets I read last night.

It's not fun to many of the readers and posters here to have to constantly scroll past stupid pictures with captions that really aren't funny, to see off-topic discussions and lengthy in jokes go on for page after page. And now, we see crude jokes about Mrs Ford in a thread that is supposed to be a discussion about Mayor Ford's Toronto.

[rant]It's worse than trolling, to me. It's disrepectful of one's fellow UT members. It's selfish. It's self-obssessed behaviour. Some of the people are new and some are long time members who seem to feel that filling the page obsessively with post after post is more important than having any relevant content. The number of posts one has written is no indication of the quality of that poster's contribution.

Even when "stuff starts to happen" these posts continue blithely on, interrupting the flow of discussion and information. The thread has really deteriorated and moderation seems to have been abandoned. More than a dozen members have posted concerns in recent days yet these stupid frat boy comments, photos, memes and video clips keep on comin'.

Grow up. Some of you (and I don't mean the trolls) sound just like the idiots that support Ford. You're demonstrating -- whenever you're bored -- crudeness, juvenile and disruptive comments, and a disregard of the thread's topic and the attempts of others to stay on topic in respectful and collegial discussion.

And I don't want to hear any retort that I don't have the right to criticize when I'be only got 40+ posts. That's the whole point. Mine are all relevant to the forum topic. I don't just post the first thing that pops into my head and say "look at me! look at me!" [/rant]

Please stop.

I can get behind a lot of this, but at the same time, it's really funny that pickles has essentially (and not for the first time) written a post that is quite similar to the very posts pickles is complaining about. This post is all about pickles' preferences, and assumptions about other people's preferences. While post quality should definitely count over post quality, pickles was making posts like this back when pickles' post count was in the single digits. This is an internet forum, not television, it's built by contributors, and does not just exist to be a fact sheet about Rob Ford; I stay reading for the personalities I'm sorry so many have gone. This thread survived Godwin, and it will survive a few cat pictures.

Maybe pickles' complaints are a good thing. The last time I read a pickles post like this it helped me to stop reading this thread for a while.

Did anyone listen to Doug on Warmington's show last night before Joe told Doug twitter exploded and that Doug had better check on Rob? Doug said Johnson was at city hall for something else and Rob pulled him in, then the media spun it to make it sound like Ben was the new campaign manager.

Did anyone listen to Doug on Warmington's show last night before Joe told Doug twitter exploded and that Doug had better check on Rob? Doug said Johnson was at city hall for something else and Rob pulled him in, then the media spun it to make it sound like Ben was the new campaign manager.

Is Doug even capable of telling the truth?

From CBC:

"So, I’d just like to welcome Cave from the Trailer Park Boys and Ben to city hall," Ford said.

"And I’m excited to have them on our campaign team and we’re going to do a few events and I want to thank them for their support."

Ford was vague when asked what the two men would do for his campaign.

"Everybody is going to help out in every, you know, way possible," Ford said. "And they want to come out to events and they want, you know, to get votes.

"They know I have a proven track record and they know everything about me."

Those are Rob's words, recorded in front of a large gathering of media. Right out of his own mouth.
I swear to God Doug makes me even angrier than Rob.

I've said many times that MM is one of the main reasons I became interested in this thread, of which I read every post. But the problem, to me, is that he has not seemed to have learned from his errors. Given that he suggested an "imminent" arrest and announced that the police had all they need to bust Ford a little more than a week before it's announced that the OPP thinks that TPS have nothing, you'd think MM would be a little more cautious. Instead he combines his interest (in being right, in justice) in a search warrant being executed with some really weak 'intel' (there are some cop cars in the area) to announce that it "might" be happening. That would be fairly irresponsible at the best of times, but it's particularly bad when he should be repairing his damaged reputation.

That is my understanding as well, having many friends in LE. Catch them off guard and likely in bed, with little time to react.

I don't count myself as a MetroMan skeptic, but I think he jumped the gun on his tweets last night. He knows people are hanging on his every word. I wish he would wait a little for confirmation of something concrete when it comes to things like "rumors are police are executing a search warrant" or similar inferences as opposed to trying to be the first horse out of the gate.

I think much of what he says has kernels of truth, however he does nothing but damage his own credibility with the kind of tweets I read last night.

How was he jumping the gun, if he said "rumours are police are executing a search warrant" since that's exactly what happened - someone saw cops outside Ford's house, and rumours started that it was a police raid on his house. If he'd said "police are searching Ford's house," then he'd have been jumping the gun.

How was he jumping the gun, if he said "rumours are police are executing a search warrant" since that's exactly what happened - someone saw cops outside Ford's house, and rumours started that it was a police raid on his house. If he'd said "police are searching Ford's house," then he'd have been jumping the gun.

The reports of the police outside of Ford's house started to come in before MM tweeted about the search warrant. He used that information to assume that police on Ford's street meant that warrants were being executed, despite having no evidence that's why they were there, or that the police were at city hall or Deco (despite him previously stating all of those places would be subject to search warrants).

He has us believe that he has sources in TPS, which I don't doubt. So I would rather if he's tweeting about warrants being executed it be based on his sources saying "we're doing it tonight", than making the assumption that because there are cruisers in front of Ford's house, that the warrants are being executed.

Badman_08.jpg

Attachments

• Badman_08.jpg
    Badman_08.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 692
With regards to last night's speculation about a search warrant being carried out. An old pro told me that search warrants and arrests are almost always carried out just before dawn.

Generally because people are asleep and caught off guard; less chance of hiding or flushing something.

The Ben Johnson appointment is rather brilliant in many ways actually. Ford's base will go for him.

Except that #1 Ford Fluffer Neil Flagg seems to have avoided posting *anything* about it on either his @letfordbe twitter account or on the I Hate the War on Mayor Rob Ford Facebook page. He tends to ignore stuff that can't be spun into a boon for Ford. Worse yet, no other person has posted to the page about it. This tells me it's something FordNation wants to sweep under the rug. But hey, I could be wrong …

Last edited:

That's not what he said.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 10h
There's a possibility that the warrant to search Ford's property is being executed tonight. Working to confirm.

It's a total guess. "Oh, a fire truck just drove by me in Etobicoke! There's a possibility they're rushing to put out a fire in Doug Ford's pants! There's a possibility the fire truck is driven by Batman and Robin, with Penguin manning the pumps!" The word possibility means there's a chance greater than zero, and doesn't imply likelihood or solid intel in any way.

Re: civility and Renata

Stick with the facts and rumors, stay away from the personal judgements please - she got into the discussion because of what Ford said about her, not because she chose to be a subject of said discussion.

MoD

Last edited:
I can get behind a lot of this, but at the same time, it's really funny that pickles has essentially (and not for the first time) written a post that is quite similar to the very posts pickles is complaining about. This post is all about pickles' preferences, and assumptions about other people's preferences. While post quality should definitely count over post quality, pickles was making posts like this back when pickles' post count was in the single digits. This is an internet forum, not television, it's built by contributors, and does not just exist to be a fact sheet about Rob Ford; I stay reading for the personalities I'm sorry so many have gone. This thread survived Godwin, and it will survive a few cat pictures.

Maybe pickles' complaints are a good thing. The last time I read a pickles post like this it helped me to stop reading this thread for a while.

This guy gets it. The last time I remember all these long winded wannabe mod posts was when the guitar architect was patrolling the thread.

Holy shit it's been almost a year since the crack vid. The longer the cockroach stays out of the hoosegow, the better his chances at re-election are. What I want to know is how two guys with as little couth and intelligence as the Fos could be so adept at local politics. How two low-brow liars could have ran in the highest circles of power, but also get the plebs to believe they are one of them is masterful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back